Anyone Try Duff's Fondant Yet?

Decorating By suzyq0204 Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm by Chasey

suzyq0204 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 11

I got some of Duff's brand fondant from Michaels but have not tried it yet. I'd like to know how it tastes and if it is good for modeling.

10 replies
beginner1933 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 11

I've tried it and it has a nice buttercream flavor that doesn't fight with your other flavors. NO ONE tossed the fondant! To me, it is too soft for modeling. I plan to mix some with some gumpast and see if that gives me what I need...

sberryp Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 11

I saw it Micheals and was thinking about getting it, can't wait to hear the responses.

Polarcakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 11
rsweety2 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 11

i have i love it soooooo much easier to work with and taste good

leily Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 11

Duff's fondant is Fondarific brand, so if you don't have coupons or need more you can order it cheaper online (even with shipping) in larger qty's. Fondarific fondant has great reviews (along with some others) it has more of a buttercream flavor than other brands do (although Satin ice is coming out with a buttercream flavor also)

suzyq0204 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 11

Polarcakes I tried searching in the forums but did not come up with anything. Obviously I am doing something. Thanks for the links - they were very helpful.

Polarcakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyq0204

Polarcakes I tried searching in the forums but did not come up with anything. Obviously I am doing something. Thanks for the links - they were very helpful.

That has happened to me before as well. What I do now is go to google type in the search bar: cakecentral and whatever I want to look up, and it will give me results from cake central. icon_smile.gif

NJCakeDiva Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:59pm
post #9 of 11

Polarcakes,

I read one this morning- OMG... I so love this fondant. If you go to the cake decorating forum you can see the entire thread.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-682694.html

NJCakeDiva Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 7:03pm
post #10 of 11

Sorry about that Polar Cakes, you can just hit the link I post in my last message. First time trying this. I am normally a lurker. lol

Chasey Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #11 of 11

That last link provided has another link in it that you may find useful!

You can buy a sample pack of the Fondarific brand which is what Duff's brand is.

You get 3 standard flavors and you pick the other two. 5 flavors (10 ounces total) for free, yet you pay $6 shipping and handling.

A $6 investment to try 5 flavors of Duff's stuff (essentially icon_wink.gif ) is a deal, I think!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%