Corn Syrup

Decorating By havilah Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm by havilah

havilah Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 10

can anyone explain the usage of corn syrup to me please icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

9 replies
PinkZiab Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 10

In what application? It can have any number of uses/purposes in baking and confectionery.

havilah Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 10

tanx,for both baking and confectionery.if there is other usage of corn syrup i would'nt mind knowing it

mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 10

I use corn syrup in my fondant. It helps with the pliability. I use Michele Foster's recipe and use 1 cup of corn syrup per batch. thumbs_up.gif

metria Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 10

sometimes when a recipe (like fondant) calls for glucose, you can just use corn syrup.

7yyrt Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #6 of 10

Corn syrup is called for in many recipes because, unlike other sweeteners, it doesn't crystallize and turn grainy when it's cold. Baked goods, frostings, sauces, and candies made with corn syrup are moister and stay fresh longer than those made with sugar.

tesso Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:25am
post #7 of 10

you can use some in RI to give a smoother finish to flowers and keep them from breaking.

It is also used in medium and RI to keep string piping from breaking.

it can also be used in thin icing to make writing neat and flowing, and letters wont crack when dry.

it can be used in glazes to keep them from crystalizing and cracking.

use in fondant to keep from cracking and make it more pliable.

It is used in making carmels

the list is endless...

sexy_baker Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 10

Other than for cooking, is it true that corn syrup can also be used to cure constipation for infants or kids? I just read it somewhere, I can't even remember where. But does it really? icon_confused.gif

rosiecast Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:08am
post #9 of 10

sexy-baker- yes you use a small amount of CS to help babies with constipation. lol

havilah Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 10

tanx all of you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%