Tropical Flavored Cake

Baking By sweettooth88 Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 4:22pm by sweettooth88

sweettooth88 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 10

Can anyone help me? I need to make a tropical flavored cake. I was thinking of making a pinapple cake with orange buttercream. Will that work? Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!

9 replies
suz3 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 10

I made a pineapple cake and put coconut pudding in the cake. The buttercream was coconut flavored. It's my daughters fav.

kimmisue2009 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 10

I just recently made margarita cupcakes. I just used the margarita frozen drink mix in place of the liquid in the cake mix and the tiniest taste of sweetened lime juice in the buttercream frosting. I have also used the Coco Lopez cream of coconut in my cake batters. It gives the really good taste of coconut without the texture of coconut that so many people seem to dislike.

sarkee Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 10

I have mixed pineapple cake mix w/ orange cake mix before and it was a very nice flavor. Don't remember what I frosted it with....

tesso Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 10

umm.. what kind of tropical fruit you looking for? Is this for a child? Because you can always substitiute Tropical fruit juice in place of your water in your cake. THen just add your extra pineapple etc. If you are looking for intense flavor.

The reason I asked if it was for a child, is you can add Hi C punch in place of water. and for that extra kick, you can even add a HI C cool aid pack to your cake mix too. icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 10

When I think tropical I think Coconut and Pineapple. icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 10

try pina colada mix in place of the liquid in your recipe

brensmom12 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:56pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I agree! Have you looked in the "gourmet flavors" post for the WASC variations? There are several "tropical" cakes to choose from.

Catherine

tesso Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I think, pineapple, kiwi, mango. Because I am allergic to coconut, it never even entered my mind. icon_lol.gif

sweettooth88 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 10

They do not want coconut at all!! They mentioned the pineapple and orange combo thats why i was asking. It is for a tropical wedding cake. Now i just dont know what to do. Thank you ladies for your suggestions

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%