Opinions On Sketch Please

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 12:03pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:50am
post #1 of 8

Hello! I am planning my sons first birthday cake for this weekend and I drew a quick sketch....but something about it seems off I just can't figure out what! Can I get some opinions on it please?

* The idea for the cake came from many different cakes I have seen here and on the internet

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif
LL

7 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:11am
post #2 of 8

Maybe red and blue "marbles" around the bottom or make them pearlized white to look like foam or bubbles?

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:16am
post #3 of 8

I really like your sketch. Maybe add a lighthouse, since it guides the way, and that seems to be what your cake is about?

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:28am
post #4 of 8

I think its really cute.....will be a very cool cake.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:39am
post #5 of 8

Awwww, super cute!! I just did a cake with the same theme and phrase - but just a small 8", single tier. Maybe the Happy Birthday .... text is missing? Could that be what is off? I also agree that some pearlized or blue/red/white beads/balls around the bottom would be lovely. Maybe an anchor on the bottom right side - just to balance the lifesaver on the middle tier, left side? That said, I think if you did the cake exactly as sketched it would be perfect!! Much luck and happy birthday wishes to your little guy!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:55am
post #6 of 8

Beach umbrella, dolphins in the water, light house, bubbles, anchor?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:10am
post #7 of 8

Love the design on the sketch! Love the colors and everything. I've always wanted to do a similar theme. In addition, I would like to see some texture. Maybe a rope or such? I also think a lighthouse as a topper would look really nice--it would also add some extra height. Other than that, I think your sketch would really work as is. It looks great in my eyes.

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! I was wondering what to put along the bottom for the boarder but was unsure if the beads would look okay - so it's great to hear that it will icon_smile.gif

I love the idea of a light house - the topper is going to be just flat cutouts (but standing up) so I don't know if I should put it slightly behind that or on one of the other tiers. Also I love the anchor to be placed on the bottom tier.

Rylan - the brown on the bottom tier is actually going to be a rope (I just couldn't manage to draw it like that lol)

Again thank you so much everyone I really appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%