Need Nascar Idea- For A Benifit In Less Than 24 Hours!

Decorating By chellescountrycakes Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm by Iamamonster9

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:15am
post #1 of 6

Please help me.

I am about as country as they come, but honestly have never watched a NASCAR race.. Usually if I'm involved in driving in circles, its cause some moron wont let me off the loop or I'm plowing the feilds..

A dear lady I know died at the age of 30, she left 4 kids, and a husband.

They have thrown together a concert with Micheal Sarver singing and a dessert auction. They asked me to make a Jeff Gordon cake.

I have a 11x15 in the oven now. and will be getting another cooked. I can make some fondant here in a few, and have plenty of buttercream.

But I am stuck on ideas... what can I do?

5 replies
lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:59am
post #2 of 6

My thought would be to do a replica of a Nascar car

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:18am
post #3 of 6

Racing flames. Blue, red, bright yellow. Big ol' 24.
But the flames for sure. See: http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/02/Jeff-Gordon-Car.jpg

Maybe recreate the color/flame job of the car on the sides of the cake and onto the top of it using fondant?
And, really, there ought to be a 24 on there. You should be able to fairly easily cut a 24 out of bright yellow fondant in the car number's "font" and place that on the top of the cake, perhaps framed with a circle?

Just some thoughts from a closet redneck. icon_wink.gif

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:36am
post #4 of 6

lizabu, I just dont think I am that good. LOL

PiccoloChellie, LOL - its sad, and honestly, I am redneck to the core- but just never got into it. LOL thanks icon_smile.gif I'll try to do something like that. I can handle the flames I think, and the 24. I wish my printer wasnt broken- I'd try doing his sponsors. I really want it to be nice. But I can only do so much with no time, and less talent! LOL

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 6

I'm looking forward to see how this comes out. Please keep us updated!

*puts on old #40 cap and cheers you on*

Iamamonster9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iamamonster9 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 6

I know I am probably a little late.. and it sounds like you don't have allot of time and want to make something nice and fast... you could always make the round into a race track and make a mini 24 car... or just stick a hot wheel on it haha icon_smile.gif

I lived in NC for 5 years.. I know how it is... they'll just be happy they're getting free cake icon_smile.gif haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%