Need Ideas For Rainy Day Activities For Kids

Lounge By chanielisalevy Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 8:51am by njoycakes

chanielisalevy Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:17am
post #1 of 3

I was asked to compile a list of activities for children (all ages) for rainy days in the summer - either active games/activities or sit down activities. Any ideas you could give me would be GREATLY appreciated! They want me to stay away from cooking/baking/kitchen activities as that will be on a separate list compiled by someone else/ THANKS for any ideas!

2 replies
Mamatoboys Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 3

Play-Do is always a hit with preschoolers (and some older kids), making forts (using blankets, pillows, couch cushions, etc...) then camping in the forts, indoor picnics at meal times, when mom's feeling lazy - at home movie theater with lights out, popcorn and candy. These were just a few off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

njoycakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 8:51am
post #3 of 3

finger painting, potato printing, kite making, face painting, candle decorating, tie-dying t-shirts, hair wraps (you know with embroidery thread), friendship braclets.
There's so many possibilities! Here in Scotland it rains a fair bit so rainy day activities are our speciality! Plus, I'm a fan of doing craft stuff icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%