Thank You

Baking By ElleW Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 3:34pm by Marianna46

ElleW Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:07am
post #1 of 18

I have been lurking here for awhile, gathering my inspiration in the hopes of becoming one of you cookiers one day. Well, that day has come...

Today I made 5+ dozen NFSC with a glaze icing. Can I just say, YUMS!!!!
I can't stop eating them...nor can my children. My youngest son refused...flat out refused, to take them to share with his baseball team tonight because he wants to eat every last one of them. LOL I told him my obsession has only just begun and there would be more cookies in the house than he could possibly dream of consuming...but he didn't believe me.

Anyway, thank you to all you contribute to this forum...either by asking questions that I've been thinking (or will be thinking one day) or by answering so patiently and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us newbies.

And because no post is complete without a picture, here is my first batch of cookies...dried and ready to eat. They aren't perfect. I have a long way to go, but gosh they were fun to make.
LL

17 replies
pugmama1 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:17am
post #2 of 18

Good job!!!!

ButtacreamRose Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:20am
post #3 of 18

Welcome and nice job!! thumbs_up.gif

cupcake_cutie Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:24am
post #4 of 18

Wow! They look so nice! I've been wanting to try that recipe. You've inspired me to hurry up and do it already! They look really yummy.

westbrook Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:56am
post #5 of 18

I wanna cookie please.

I too got bit with the cookie bug. I am having so much fun! I just don't have little ones at home anymore.. so I have to mail them to my grandsons. What I don't take to the kids at school, my husband and I eat.. we look like it too! ROFL!

good thing you have a son that will help eat them ... ALL!

have you seen the baseball. bat, hat, shirt and mitt cutters? <smile>

TracyLH Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:21am
post #6 of 18

Fantastic job! I wish my first ones had looked that cute! Kudos to you on a job well done and welcome to the addiction! icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 11:00am
post #7 of 18

And so we've created another cookie addict! Welcome to the club! Soon you'll be seeing everything around you as another possible cookie design! Hey, there are worse obsessions to have. And your first cookies are FABULOUS!

ElleW Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 11:49am
post #8 of 18

Thanks everyone for the welcome...and GeminiRJ, your compliment means the world to me. I've been following your posts for awhile now. I am in complete and total awe of your talent. I consider you the master of glaze. icon_smile.gif
I have a question about your outlines...you said you make the black as thick as peanut butter. How do you pipe that through a #1 tip without constant clogging? I really wanted to outline my cookies, but I gave up after utter failure with the small tip.

Westbrook, I have seen the baseball theme cutters (ROFL). My son plays baseball and my daughter plays varsity basketball. They both have tournaments next weekend. Guess what I'll be making this week??? Basketballs and baseballs. LOL

bonniebakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 18

great job! Welcome to the world of cookies... it's truly an obsession!!

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleW

I have a question about your outlines...you said you make the black as thick as peanut butter. How do you pipe that through a #1 tip without constant clogging? I really wanted to outline my cookies, but I gave up after utter failure with the small tip.

I guess I've been lucky! I rarely have clogs...maybe one or two during the whole outlining procedure. When I get one, I just replace the tip with a new one and drop the clogged one into a small bowl of hot water.

luv2bake6 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 8:48pm
post #11 of 18

very nice cookies!!!

GL79 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #12 of 18

I WANT ONE!!!!

Karen421 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:30am
post #13 of 18

Good Looking Cookies!!!!

tesso Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:50am
post #14 of 18

welcome to your new addiction aka.. cake central or for you that could be cookie central icon_biggrin.gif very cute cookies. thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:27am
post #15 of 18

And may I ask WHY these aren't posted as your first photo in your album? ...taps foot...
Image giggle

ElleW Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:23am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

And may I ask WHY these aren't posted as your first photo in your album? ...taps foot...
Image giggle

LOL! I didn't think about that. I should do that, so one day I can look back and see how far I've come. Now I just have to figure out how to start an album.

7yyrt Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:13pm
post #17 of 18

At the upper left you should have a box marked 'my account'.
7th button down is 'my photos', click that.
On the header to the right of 'my account' you'll see 'upload picture', click that and fill in the blanks.

If you need more help, give a holler!

Marianna46 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:34pm
post #18 of 18

Welcome aboard, ElleW! I'm a cake maker who's recently been drawn into cookies - I'm mixing NFSC dough as we speak! Allow me to direct you to the monthly cookie club posts - they're what got me going! Every month a new theme is posted and everyon is invited to send in cookies on that theme. The June session has just started. The cookies people send to this thread are just amazing and inspiring, as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%