King Size Cupcakes, What Would You Charge For This?

Baking By thin4life Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 8:54pm by cakesbycathy

thin4life Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to make these for a bridal shower. Instead of the candy stick I would use fondant and there will be a fresh strawberry inside of the cupcake. I live in Madison, WI where wedding cakes go for around $3 a serving and up. I figure this king size cupcake is 3 times the size of a regular cupcake so I was thinking of asking $6 each, do you think that is too much?

If the attachment doesn't work her is the link:

Thank you.

8 replies
KHalstead Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 9

I think your price seems fair! However, I'm wondering if using fondant instead of the candy stick will lead the stick getting too soft once it's in the buttercream for a while??

thin4life Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 9

KHalstead I never thought of that, you are right. Maybe I will just use the candy sticks, now I just have to find a place that sells those.

Bluehue Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 9

Hello Thin4Life - i was surprised by the large cupcakes - icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif
Just had a google search for Candy many colours to choose from looking at Google Images.

hope this helps.

WendyB Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 9

I'm pretty sure Cracker Barrel has candy sticks.

thin4life Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate it. So do the rest of you agree, $6 is not too much to ask for these?

Bluehue Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 9

Taking into consideration the exchange rate - i would be charging more than $6.00 -
Do you feel you are being payed an acceptable ammount @ $6.00 each?

Your $6.00 = $7.16 Australia dollars.

That one large cupcake is 3 times the size of a normal cupcake then i wouild charge 3 times the original cost - as you will be using more batter/cost of cases - etc etc etc.

If the BRB wants those - then she has to be prepared to pay for the ammount of ingrediants used and everthing else that goes into making them - including your time.

Look forward to seeing the completed order icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 9

Bob Evans also sells those candy sticks by the register, just FYI

cakesbycathy Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 9

Bluehue is right - 3 times the size means 3 times the price. And that's what you tell the customer if they have a problem with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%