How Do I Incorporate These Ideas Into A Thank You Cake? ...

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 4:41am by madgeowens

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 4

My little guy's 1st grade teacher has been beyond wonderful this year, and I wanted to make her a cake for the end of the year (not for the class, just for her). I already know her flavor selection, and I want to do a school-themed cake (though I tossed around the idea of a bouquet-of-flowers cake as a "thank you").

I also want to incorporate a couple of other ideas that my son wanted, to try to personalize it a bit ... she's a HUGE Dallas Cowboy fan, though I know it's not football season; I thought I could also add the logo of her college, since she's a hardcore fan of her alma mater, and she loves hawaiian themes (her classroom is decorated like that).

So, not to try to make this the most scatter-brained cake ever, but somehow make this school-centered and add details ... but on what? Gumpaste notebooks? I can't really put them on "pens" (not big enough) ... and would it be over a chalkboard background, or something different?

Sorry ... dry brain right now, need some inspiration from creative people icon_smile.gif.

3 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 4

chalkboard that fades into the beach, with a dc towel and a book or something relevant of her alma mater

lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:31am
post #3 of 4

For me, I think pick one theme and go with it. What if you had the class picture printed as an edible image? The kids might get really excited about that.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:41am
post #4 of 4

Could you do a square, couple layers atleast for height and put things all around the sides that she likes......and on top make a lei of flowers and maybe an apple?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%