Facebook Worked!

Lounge By jillmakescakes Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 4:21pm by JRAE33

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #91 of 133

Hi Everyone! Well, my biz is really in the ugly duckling stage. My website is in the works, I have to create new cakes and post updated photos of recent cakes, etc. However, I did create a biz page on FB after reading these posts.

Even though I don't have any albums up yet, will you still be willing to "like" my biz page?? Please. The company is Cake Star.

Motta Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 4:10am
post #92 of 133

Thanks Chellie for your support!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to "like" the other fanpages given here so hopefully I can get some feedback from you professionals as my biz develops. I promise to give you feedback too. Again, thanks!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:20am
post #93 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motta

Thanks Chellie for your support!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to "like" the other fanpages given here so hopefully I can get some feedback from you professionals as my biz develops. I promise to give you feedback too. Again, thanks!

Motta, here's the link to your page - might make it easier for others here to find you. icon_smile.gif
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sherwood-Park-AB/Cake-Star/129391623751207?ref=sgm&__a=4

I love seeing all the support everyone is giving each other on FB, but what I might like just a little bit more is seeing all these wonderful cakes showing up on my wall!! icon_biggrin.gif

Motta Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:24am
post #94 of 133

Duh...what would I do without you guys??! Thanks for the link, Chellie!

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:07pm
post #95 of 133

I haven't had a chance to get on facebook and "like" everyone's page just yet...gotta get through this week with wedding cakes and I will go and visit everyone page.

When adding photos to your site, do you prefer to add them using albums or using the "Notes" feature? I seen a few pages where notes are created with the cake and some information about the cake is listed. Just trying to figure out if there is any advantage using one method over another. Hope I'm making sense...any input would be appreciated. TIA!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:14pm
post #96 of 133

I've done both... I like to do a month end album of some of the hightlights of the month, but then if we have a super cool wedding cake, I'll do a one time thing.

which reminds me, I need to send out some photog emails...

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:34am
post #97 of 133

wow, haven't been getting any updates icon_sad.gif

i went through and "liked" everybody's page.

right now i'm trying to figure out how to get a vanity url. anyone had any luck figuring that out???

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:41am
post #98 of 133

It's been awhile since I added one for my page, but I remember doing a google search "how to vanity URL facebook" or something to that effect and you will definitely find number of website including facebook on how to set one up. good luck!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:06am
post #99 of 133

okay, i got it. just went to facebook.com/username and took care of it. have to be careful if you have a personal and a biz page that you click on your business name before you set the "username" that then creates your vanity url. it cannot be changed once set. so if you set your personal page with your biz name then you're sunk!! how do i know this??? lol cos that's exactly what i did, lol. which is why i had to add the llc for my biz. oh well, no harm done i suppose. thank you to all who have "liked" my page icon_biggrin.gif

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:27am
post #100 of 133

Loving the info you are all sharing! thanks so much! I've had my facebook page going since I started my business back in February, and I'm not getting much business off of it. here's mine: http://www.facebook.com/cakeswithjazco

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:43am
post #101 of 133

I've been trying to link up to some of your fan pages/ groups, etc.... There are certainly a ton of talented people out there!

Here's mine if you are interested!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=49131799390&ref=ts

Thanks!
Michelle

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:57pm
post #102 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

okay, i got it. just went to facebook.com/username and took care of it. have to be careful if you have a personal and a biz page that you click on your business name before you set the "username" that then creates your vanity url. it cannot be changed once set. so if you set your personal page with your biz name then you're sunk!! how do i know this??? lol cos that's exactly what i did, lol. which is why i had to add the llc for my biz. oh well, no harm done i suppose. thank you to all who have "liked" my page icon_biggrin.gif

lol, I did the same thing too.

MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 5:06pm
post #103 of 133

I love FB but I really don't know how to take advantage of it. I have learned a lot in this post, thank all of you for your advices!!

I already became fan of all of you!!

my fb page is http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Maiden-NC/mmCake-Creations/125061207516591

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 5:29pm
post #104 of 133

I've been trying to find fellow CC'ers on FB. I want cake friends there also!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Cakes-by-Mimi/115173481849169?ref=sgm

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 6:24pm
post #105 of 133

Hello Fellow CC'ers, started reading this thread and doing some of the things you all suggested like posting a pic on my wall.

Second day and I already have people asking me for cake.

I think this is great and so are all of you. Thank you all for discussing and giving hints to help get more exposure.

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:35pm
post #106 of 133

I'm in the UK and have found Facebook really useful so far (been up and running for about 1 month)

I have had several orders through the page and now have a cake a weekend for the next few months, plus am quoting for wedding cakes etc.

Really interesting advice on here about how to drive traffic and some really lovely pages (green eyed cake monster looking at some of the work) so have just Liked a whole load!

Will look at doing some sort of competition or something to get more people to 'Like' TheCakeBoutique!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tunbridge-Wells-United-Kingdom/TheCakeBoutique/117887758241991?ref=ts

Thanks CC for the help. AGAIN!

Motta Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:42pm
post #107 of 133

I noticed that some people are missing my link. Please see below. I promise to "like" you back! icon_lol.gif That sounds so weird.

Motta, here's the link to your page - might make it easier for others here to find you. icon_smile.gif
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sherwood-Park-AB/Cake-Star/129391623751207?ref=sgm&__a=4

nanawannabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanawannabake Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:00am
post #108 of 133

I've learned so much with this thread and how supportive everyone is. I've just joined CC and feel like part of a family. I have a personal fb page that my daughter made for me and I have over 1,300 friends. I get quite a bit of business from it. I am now taking over my fb page and have no idea how to do things. I have being looking on the web and am getting so confused with all the terminology, fan, friend, tag, like etc. May I ask how all of you learned? If I start a fan page, does that mean that my personal page doesn't work? Do I lose all my friends? Is it true that my personal page only shows to my friends whereas the fan page lets everyone? How does the fan page do that? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Motta Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:19am
post #109 of 133

I just got my vanity url for FB. Thank you everyone!!!!!

nanawannabake: you can have a personal page and a fanpage. It seems you will only get notified of posts, etc on your personal page, though. So you'll have to keep checking your fanpage. That's been my experience.

A friend is someone who is following your personal page.

On a fanpage, friends or others can "like" your page which is like having friends and they will get updates when you post on your fanpage.

Those are the only big differences I have noticed. I hope someone more savvy can add to my post. Good luck to you!

nanawannabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanawannabake Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:10am
post #110 of 133

Motta thanks for the definitions. If I understand, my personal page only shows to friends and their friends. A fan page is somewhat the same except they're called fans and "like". How does the fan page get out to everyone? Any other advantages? My facebook guru!!!!!!

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:23am
post #111 of 133

my own friends and family members did not even realize all the types of cakes I make until facebook came along now they see the pictures as I post them as well as friends of friends. Weirder yet I joined one of those goofy groups where you "find eco racer friends" and some other game friends and I never play the games but it upped my exposure.

Motta Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:23am
post #112 of 133

he he he .....guru! I love it.

Well, you can suggest your fanpage to all your friends by clicking the
"suggest to friends" line right under your fanpage title photo. Then select all your friends and they will get a notification that you have suggested this fanpage. BUT, unless you have your name on the fanpage your friends may not know it's you. That happened to me so I have to send out a message to all my friends (each one individually) to "like" my page. Then I added my name to the page, of course!

I wish there was a way to send a message to all our friends at one time when we suggest the fanpage but alas there is not.

The advantages of a fanpage is that when your friends comment or post on the page, it will show up on their personal page so all their friends will see it and may check you out!

Ok, now I have nothing left to tell you. Some guru, huh? Someone else can hopefully jump in and add some more. icon_smile.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:02pm
post #113 of 133

Hi all I've been watching this and finally decided to see if anyone wants to like my page? I don't have lots on there yet but it's there icon_smile.gif
Now going to add lots of your great pages.
Oops forgot the linkhttp://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Shelby-NC/Annes-Sweet-Custom-Cakery/117689584920107

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:19pm
post #114 of 133

it says it doesn't work...?

sari66 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm
post #115 of 133

Ok, I have a question when I like others fb page it showed up on my personal page was it supposed to?

sari66 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #116 of 133

I wasn't sure how to get the link to work any idea how to do it?
Thanks

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:54pm
post #118 of 133

chelli you are a gem icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:04am
post #119 of 133

..moving to the Lounge (with the other posts for fans). icon_smile.gif

pooky1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooky1969 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:55am
post #120 of 133

I just checked out your facebook page. I've seen your work before on CC and on FB and then I found your post here. I love your work! I think the popcorn cake is my fav though.

I also just started out with my cake business. I have gotten alot of exposure on FB. I love that it's free advertisement!

Here's the link if you would like to check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peekskill-NY/Sugar-Baby-Cake-Company/122863847728105

Congrats to your success!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%