Facebook Worked!

Lounge By jillmakescakes Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 4:21pm by JRAE33

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:30am
post #31 of 133

I just "Liked" all of you that posted your Facebook link. Can't wait to go and really look at your pages. Thanks for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

Cake + Facebook = Bliss!

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:55am
post #32 of 133

I LOOOOOOVE Facebook!! EVERY time I post a cake and tag someone in it (or have them tag themselves), I get orders. One graduation cake got me 15 orders! Facebook has been the best, FREE tool!!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:08am
post #33 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjulie

I LOOOOOOVE Facebook!! EVERY time I post a cake and tag someone in it (or have them tag themselves), I get orders. One graduation cake got me 15 orders! Facebook has been the best, FREE tool!!

hey that sounds like a great idea, thank you!

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:16am
post #34 of 133

Love, Love, Love facebook! I went from making 2 cakes a year for my kids to making 2 cakes a month since I posted a photo of one of the cakes for the 1st time just last July...all from friends and friends of friends! I started a fanpage shortly after then a blog a few months ago but I still love the interaction from Facebook the best...and CC!

FYI...Once you recieve 25 fans, you can create a "vanity name" and update your fan page address to include your user/pages name. Here is the link on how to do it: http://www.facebook.com/username/

preciouspjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciouspjs Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:25am
post #35 of 133

i LOVE facebook!! I now do 10-20 cakes a month. its crazy!! and I get to see old people from highschool I'd probably never talk to!!.

www.facebook.com/crazycakeart

Annso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annso Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:51am
post #36 of 133

OMG! I am soo thrilled that there is finally a thread of sucessful facebook advertising stories. I recently discussed the Idea with my DH but never really thought it would work. But thanks to you guy I think i'm gonna start working on it now. And I love the pages that i've seen so far by the way!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:37am
post #37 of 133

*chuckles at "up@2am" name.. considering i've Been UP at 2 am this week not for cakes though. blasted insomnia

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:31pm
post #38 of 133

Love the facebook idea. But for facebook to work, we must all become fans of one another or click on the Like link. Here is ours! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Icing-Images/129843833702211?created#!/pages/Icing-Images/102707146377?ref=ts

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:02pm
post #39 of 133

I have a personal page and a business page. how do I comment on others and have it come from my business and not from me personally?

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:20pm
post #40 of 133

Thanks for all the information posted so far on this topic! These are some of the things I've been trying to get a handle on regarding facebook.

I to both a personal and business page, but I'm not sure when I post on other people pages on how for the post to show up as my business and not my personal. Is the default always the personal page login?

Also, do "friends" on my personal page need to become "fans" on the business page as well if I want them to see items regarding the business? It just seem a lot of work to post on both pages.

I'm still missing something about having dual pages. I hope I don't need to buy a dang book to figure out logistics!! icon_confused.gif

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:39pm
post #41 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

you are right minicuppie. i do have where everyone can see my pics but i do not post everyday. i try but cannot think of things to say, lol. honestly tho i do not want to get so busy that i have 5 cake orders a week but i know i should put more effort into my FB page.

Try this for an idea for posting everyday on facebook. Look for "Status Shuffle" on Facebook, it lets you do a status shuffle with lots of cute sayings to chose from.

HTH

Electric

cas17 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:01pm
post #42 of 133

debbie, i don't think you can. that's my understanding of the restrictions placed on business pages.

auntie, my experience has been if i post something on my biz page it shows up with my biz name even on my personal page so i'm sure that's how it shows up on my fan's wall. for example i get updates from edna del la cruz (tonedna) when she writes on her personal wall but i also get updates when she writes from "design me a cake". this being the case i would say if your friends from your personal page would like to be updated on your biz then they would need to "like" your biz page. i personally just figured out how to add other biz pages to my biz page as a favorite. it's a good way to network with other vendors and such : )

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm
post #43 of 133

Thanks Cindy, this has helped a lot. I "accidentally" figured out how to add biz pages, but I realize I just need to put some time and stop being shy about it...LOL

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:19pm
post #44 of 133

Thanks to all of you, I have liked everyone's facebook page and will start one of my own now.

Thanks for of the hints and tips.

Electric

cas17 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:35pm
post #45 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie_RaRa

Thanks Cindy, this has helped a lot. I "accidentally" figured out how to add biz pages, but I realize I just need to put some time and stop being shy about it...LOL

that's my prob too, being shy and forgetting to hand out my biz cards. my hubby and my mom hand out more of my biz cards than i do!!! i have to get over it tho icon_rolleyes.gif getting better icon_smile.gif

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:48pm
post #46 of 133

Hey ladies! I am all about FB! icon_biggrin.gif I have almost 1000 fans on my pages in a little less than 6 months! I get inquiries every day from it. Awesome FREE advertising! I'll be sure to get on your pages and 'like' you icon_smile.gif

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #47 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

just had to share....

I had a customer who said that she liked the way our cakes looked in our photo gallery AND on Facebook!!

sorry, but it makes me happy when people notice efforts we make. I am on a kick this month to offer a piece of wedding day advice each day.

I have been enjoying those wedding day advice tidbits!

snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:10pm
post #48 of 133

You do have a nice Facebook page CAS17! And you are right up the street from me!

snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:16pm
post #49 of 133

I just want to add, that while I don't think I get a lot of orders from Facebook, I am just starting out, and I post a lot of cakes and new flavors and such on my site. I often get clients from a couple of months ago commenting on pictures. It lets me know that I'm still on their minds, I will probably be the only place they think to come to when they do need a cake. I guess what I'm tryin to say is that it builds a brand preference.

www.facebook.com/HookedOnFondant

snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:30pm
post #50 of 133

I just 'liked' all of your pages! whew! I'm tired! LOL!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:38pm
post #51 of 133

I'm still debating the Facebook thing. I have a Flickr page and a website, both of which I enjoy, but for some reason Facebook gives me hives! icon_lol.gif

cas17 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:47pm
post #52 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocilla

You do have a nice Facebook page CAS17! And you are right up the street from me!

thanks!!! i'm just over the coleman bridge. "liked" your page as well icon_smile.gif

snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:08pm
post #53 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

Quote:

thanks!!! i'm just over the coleman bridge. "liked" your page as well icon_smile.gif

Haha! And I'm just over the JRB!

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:08pm
post #54 of 133

Love this thread!

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:10pm
post #55 of 133

Love FB. I started a page a few months ago and can't believe the business I get from it.

I used to post pictures on my personal page but that was only showing to my friends where this lets anyone see them.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Smashing-Cake-Designs/164495216491?ref=ts

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #56 of 133

Thanks for all the great tips ladies! I just now opened a fan page, I hope it's the right one!
anyone wanna be a fan??? icon_redface.gif

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cakes-I-Make/133972263285098#!/pages/Cakes-I-Make/133972263285098

please let me know if it works or not! icon_biggrin.gif

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:02pm
post #57 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesIMake

Thanks for all the great tips ladies! I just opened a fan page, but i haven't put any pics on there just yet here's the site...I hope it's the right one!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cakes-I-Make/128093550545719?created

please let me know if it works or not! icon_biggrin.gif

Got a fan! Have fun with it!

snocilla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #58 of 133

I became a fan too! I love the Tom and Jerry cake!

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:13pm
post #59 of 133

Thank you! Just got done "liking' everyones pages! there so many amazing cakes out there!

Quote:

I became a fan too! I love the Tom and Jerry cake!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm
post #60 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I'm still debating the Facebook thing. I have a Flickr page and a website, both of which I enjoy, but for some reason Facebook gives me hives! icon_lol.gif

i totally understand, as i felt like facebook seemed very intrusive when my friends (who were on it already) would talk about it. but with the business page, you choose how much info you want to put on there. for me, my facebook business page has way less info. than my website does...now i do have a link to my website on there, but you don't have to. just remember that you can make it as interactive and private as you'd like to icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%