Facebook Worked!

Lounge By jillmakescakes Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 4:21pm by JRAE33

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:37am
post #121 of 133

I have a question...does everyone who likes my page or is a friend on my personal page see everything that my friends post? I can see everything on my news feed can they? Because i have others that post their cakes that i can see so can my friends see them too? hope this makes sense

nanawannabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanawannabake Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:16am
post #122 of 133

that is exactly the same question I wanted to ask. A couple cakers who are friends put their pics up on my personal page. I'm flipping out.

Enchantin-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantin-Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:03pm
post #123 of 133

@alleykat1 & nanawannabake, what to do is to block fans from posting pictures. I must say i never saw this as a problem until now as i just allowed fans to post pics only recently. I just hope this is THE solution!
Still trying to work out the user name stuff for my business page but you all can "like" my page at "Enchantin Cakes & Decor" on FB. Been going over some pages and has "like"(d) virtually everyone! Tot i was addicted...this is taking it to a new dimension! See more of you all on FB!!!

Enchantin-Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:40pm
post #124 of 133

@alleykat1 & nanawannabake, what to do is to block fans from posting pictures. I must say i never saw this as a problem until now as i just allowed fans to post pics only recently. I just hope this is THE solution!
Still trying to work out the user name stuff for my business page but you all can "like" my page at "Enchantin Cakes & Decor" on FB. Been going over some pages and has "like"(d) virtually everyone! Tot i was addicted...this is taking it to a new dimension! See more of you all on FB!!!

Enchantin-Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:41pm
post #125 of 133

nanawannabake Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 7:21pm
post #126 of 133

so that means that everyone saw those pics on my newsfeed? That's probably why the phone has stopped ringing. Hummm. Not fair is it?

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:37pm
post #127 of 133

Can you delete your personal page and just leave your cake page?

I'm now on facebook and want to delete the personal page but I don't think I can.

Check out my page and become a fan please: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Chittenango-NY/Lisas-Custom-Cakes/116639638355884?ref=mf&__a=7&ajaxpipe=1

I will fan al of you to.

nanawannabake Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:12pm
post #128 of 133

have some tips on how to ruin your reputation and shut your business down through Facebook. I started my business and it soared on facebook and grew quickly. I did not have a blog or website. It just had a life of its own. I was thrilled. My cakes looked and tasted great.

Being candid and humble, I will share what happened so it may help someone else. I started having cakes that were dry which NEVER happened before. I tore my hair out until I finally figured out that I was baking too many cakes at a time in the oven.

It is absolutely crucial to let customers know about cake design duplication (had some complaints that the cake didn't look like the picture. Most complaints here). I would send out cake pics to give them ideas. bad and time wasting idea).

Need to have a sign off for ALL cakes that go out (had complaints that cakes leaned).

Have a clear timeframe for pick ups (what, I can't pick it up...).

Have a confirmation order outlining every little detail about design, servings, etc. and have a sign off EACH time the order is changed (had a couple of complaints that they changed their design/color when they gave me a deposit. at least I did the right thing by getting a deposit).

In the big scheme of things, it may seem minor except these issues occurred within a small group of friends.

Do not allow any friends to post pics on your page. A caker friend started putting pics of her cakes on my page. I didn't know really anything about Facebook and didn't realize what sneaky and deceitful things were happening. I changed my profile pic each day and she started to make good comments (she was getting her name out there). This happened at the same time the last complaint came in. It only took a few days and the phone/emails stopped.

Not sure who or whether someone said something about me on Facebook or another source. They know they could be sued for slander so they've hidden themselves.

I blocked this group of friends and their friends and my caker friend. I blocked anyone posting pics on my page and also hid my friends list from everyone.

I am feeling absolutely stunned, devastated, betrayed, stupid, embarrassed and now hopeless as it's been three weeks and nada. (I realize a lot of this could have been eliminated had I done things differently. Please don't yell at me). I stopped putting anything on Facebook so as to lie low until I figure out what to do. Not sure whether to do something bold to try and save the business and my name by coming out, saying what happened in the hopes I get a second chance. I haven't told a soul about this and I couldn't hold it in any longer so now the whole World knows. Part of me wants to say this is bull_ t and give up but my name is out there now and obviously they are talking to me. You can pm if you like.

nanawannabake Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:31pm
post #129 of 133

BTW my caker friend is on CC so I didn't want to say anything through an original post. Is my reply going to show up on the topic highlights page (not sure if right word)?

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 4:22am
post #130 of 133

Nana, I'm trying to sort out what went wrong on your FB page. There was a lot of info in your post.

So your "caker friend" was posting her cake photos on your page, right?
Were THOSE the cakes with problems? Did they get blamed on you because the photos were on your FB page - in other words, were you mistaken to have made the cakes with complaints?

I'm just trying to sort out how the complaints tie in with the photos being posted on your FB page. icon_smile.gif

nanawannabake Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 4:50am
post #131 of 133

yes, caker friend posted her pics on my fb page. No it wasn't her cakes with the complaints. Thought it was coincidental at first. Her pic posts were put on throughout the previous week I guess getting her name out there. Maybe one of the customers knew her, told her about the complaints giving her opportunity. just saw my post. Sorry everybody, it is really long.

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:46am
post #132 of 133

I'm so sorry to hear about your problem..I have not had much luck with facebook.. I only have like 70 fans now.. I post all of my cakes there and have had one or two orders but hopefully it will pick up.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:21pm
post #133 of 133

I just went through all nine pages and liked all the posted pages.

Here is mine if you are interested

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pinconning-MI/Sugar-Fairy/117998161582676
[/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%