Idea's For Decorating A Cheesecake??

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 5:22am by Rylan

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 10

Frosting is not an option. I don't want to send just a plain Jane to an office luncheon. Anyone with any ideas?

9 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 10

A vanilla bean mousse or a stabilized whipped cream looks nice as large rosettes around the edge. You could make a large GP or cut a strawberry into a flower for the middle. Simple, but a little dressy.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 10

thanks, I'm not sure what you mean by stabalized whipped cream.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 10

Would a powdered sugar stencil last long enough to be seen by the office crew before it's cut? Not sure if it would soak into the cheesecake and disappear too quickly.

What about a design with chocolate on top? Could you melt some white or dark chocolate and do a criss cross drizzle kind of thing?

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

What about a design with chocolate on top? Could you melt some white or dark chocolate and do a criss cross drizzle kind of thing?

I agree..a nice carmel or chocolate drizzle is always nice. What kind of cheescake is it? I too, am going to have to research and see what stabilized whip cream is.

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 10

drizzled or grated chocolate is always good!

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

I agree..a nice carmel or chocolate drizzle is always nice. What kind of cheescake is it? I too, am going to have to research and see what stabilized whip cream is.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 10

If you have two layers just crunch up some(half a package the fudgies work best for this filling and all) Oreo cookies and add 1TBSP of melted butter and mix till it's like moist soil. Pack a nice layer of that as the filling and stack them. Make whipped ganache and ice and decorate like a cake like a cake.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:16am
post #9 of 10

Stabilized whipped cream is just a term that I use for whipped cream that has some stabilizer to it. If you notice that when you whip up fresh cream over time it will weep or start to melt. If you add some unflavored gelatin to it, it stabilizes the cream so that you dont get that weeping or melting.

I have an excellent recipe for a white chocolate vanilla mousse if you are interested.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:22am
post #10 of 10

I always like to decorate my cheesecake with a chocolate wrap. On top is a layer of whipped cream and tons and tons of fresh berries as the topping. Here is a picture of what I made recently:

I usually add raspberries but I couldn't find fresh ones on that day.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%