I Have Had Good Luck With These Gf Recipes...

Baking By Jayde Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 2:22pm by denetteb

Jayde Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 2

As a person with celiac disease, I find it incredibly hard to get a good cake recipe. I have not found anything yet that actually tastes like a true regular cake, but Betty Crocker does a decent job with her mix.

If you take the Betty Crocker vanilla mix and add the ingredients on the back of the box and then add 1/2 cup of sour cream it makes a pretty moist cake. To the chocolate mix I add the sour cream and then to give it a little bit more of a chocolatey flavor I add 3 tbsp. of cocoa powder and 4 oz of melted chocolate.

I have also taken the vanilla and turned it into strawberry with some strawberry extract, and fresh strawberries macerated with a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup of sugar. Be sure to include the juice from the strawberries.

Or banana by adding 2 mashed bananas and a cup of chopped walnuts.

1 reply
denetteb Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 2

Fairly often people are posting threads looking for tried and true GF cakes. Could you post these "recipes" in the recipes so it doesn't get lost with the threads? I haven't posted a recipe so not sure how it is done or if your modifications qualify but it would be good to have your info available with the recipes. A lot of people have viewed your thread so there is definitely interest in GF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%