Wanted To Show Off!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm by crkrjax_76

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 5

I posted last week about transferring a pattern onto a cake. I had someone suggest FBCT and that is what I tried! I just wanted to show you guys how it turned out! The picture of the cake is kinda dark, so I also posted a pic of it before I transferred it. Everybody know exactly what it was supposed to be, so I feel I succeeded!!

4 replies
lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 5

Its lovely. The pic is a little small and my eyes are not so good so I couldn't tell what it was exactly I just looks like a pretty lacy design to me.

tami517a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tami517a Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 5

That turned out great! Any tips?

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 5

How did you NOT break it?
Very cool!

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aej6

How did you NOT break it?
Very cool!

I taped the pattern to a cutting board, then taped a piece of wax paper on top. I used Wilton Decorating Icing and a #3 tip and traced out the black pattern. Then I put in the freezer and let it freeze overnight. The next morning, I used the white icing and tip and colored in the white areas. I also used a toothpick and a small paintbrush to get in the groves. I put back in the freezer while I was at work and then put a layer of BC on top and froze again. Then I took off the cutting board and laid on the cake and then peeled the wax paper off! I let it sit overnight for the icing to thaw and then to get hard again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%