Monthly Cookie Club - June 2010

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 7:00pm by bonniebakes

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 3:58am
post #91 of 122

You have the most amazingly creative eye Susan!! I am truly in awe.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:44am
post #92 of 122

Beautiful cookies ladies! Maybe one day in the distant future I will get some nerve and join the club! icon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:06am
post #93 of 122

That's the beauty of the monthly cookie club...no nerve needed...just friendly sharing. You seem friendly enough Zamode...so come on and share. icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 12:10pm
post #94 of 122

Zamode, you have beautiful cakes! I'm betting your cookies would be equally cool! Jump right in and post. It's all about sharing and seeing different cookies. No one's here to be a critic!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:36pm
post #95 of 122

All right -
I feel completely stupid icon_redface.gif but I can't find the cookie glaze recipe!

I know it's here somewhere, I had it in my favorites - anyone know where it is?
-
Never mind, I found it. Somehow it got removed from my favorites, and when I searched I spelled it wrong.
Boy, going on all cylinders this morning...

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:45pm
post #96 of 122

Lordy, lordy, 7yyrt, there ARE days like that, aren't there? All you can do is LOL!

all4cake Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:28pm
post #97 of 122

LOL!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:49pm
post #98 of 122

I loved all the cookies. Such great talent. I'm still new to this site, but I might join in for next month. icon_biggrin.gif

Marianna46 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:04pm
post #99 of 122

By all means, do it, Btrfly578 (and the same goes for you, Zamode). You'll probably surprise yourselves at how good your cookies look! And as a first-time contributor to the cookie club, I can tell you it's great fun to get your creative juices flowing!

Btrfly578 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:39pm
post #100 of 122

Thank you so much [Marianna46] for the encouragement. I think I'm going to do it. You have to start somewhere. icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #101 of 122

Well heck -
I'm going to post mine, so that you ladies who are shy about your quality of work can say "Well MINE are better than THAT!" and then can feel good about putting yours on here. LOL
My first time doing wet-on-wet.

Lessons learned:
1. Try not to let DH help if I want the shapes to be the same as the cutter - it turns out he shoves cookie cutters side to side when cutting out dough. (Note the one that looks like a crab.)
2. Trust the recipe - the icing is thin enough, do NOT add more liquid.
3. Eat the evidence, or use it for a bad example... almost everything is good for something!
LL

Btrfly578 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:49pm
post #102 of 122

7yyrt, those are cute.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:06pm
post #103 of 122

I am loving all of the cookies and think each one of you is so talented! I cannot wait to see what next month's theme is, and hopefully give it a try myself. icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:18pm
post #104 of 122

Come on Zamode... do it! I've been trying to get you to do cookies for years! Forget about that crazy old Zaxapoaphobia!! Join us!!!!!

bonniebakes Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:19pm
post #105 of 122

7yyrt... good lessons learned - and cute cookies!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:30am
post #106 of 122

You folks have really taken my theme and run with it. The cookies are all fabulous thumbs_up.gif And here I am with barely time to turn around, let alone decorate cookies icon_cry.gif Well maybe next month..

all4cake Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:32am
post #107 of 122

7yyrt, I love the swirled effect. The crab is adorable! You're a lucky woman to have a dh that you can work with in the kitchen...I reckon you're both lucky in that respect.

GeminiRJ Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 11:48am
post #108 of 122

LOL! Love the comment about the crab! And yes, it does look like one! At least you have a husband that shows an interest in what you're doing. He gets points for that!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:29pm
post #109 of 122

Love those sun cookies and the swirled effect.........I'm wondering if that same design with different colors, can't be turned into fireworks for the 4th of July?? very pretty!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:10am
post #110 of 122

Bonnie, Zaxapoaphobia is alive and still rampant!! LOL

Susan, Cookie Guru, you are very sweet but my cookies and cakes are apples and oranges. . .some of which I think are rotten icon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 3:44pm
post #111 of 122

I don't decorate cookies very often. I find making them to be somewhat therapeutic....like making fondant/gumpaste doodads for cakes. It may be because I sit down while doing it (and my feet sure do appreciate that!). I like being able to get all the stuff ready...stacks of cookies, a bucket full of various colored icing bags, toothpicks, paintbrush, damp towel, a little cup of water, and any other decorations I might want to use...and it's all contained in a small area and I can work comfortably in less than a 16 square foot of space. I'm glad there's a place to share 'em...(no offense to anyone, but they're like baskets made in the asylum...mentally beneficial)

I'm going to make some more dough now and get ready for the 1st!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 3:05am
post #112 of 122

I have had so little time online lately that I thought I was going to totally miss the cookie club this month! Everybody's cookies are so fun! Love all the ants! Bonnie, your tropical drinks are gorgeous! And Gemini RJ, your ice cream sundaes look totally yummy! I do love the 3-D dogs and burgers, Marianna. And verono, what a clever presentation for your cookies! 7yyrt, I love how you turned the wonky sun into a crab -- I always just eat all my wonky cookies... which is why my figure looks the way it does! icon_lol.gif

I had to rush to do mine, so they do not live up to the vision I had in my head, but here they are anyway.
LL

all4cake Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 4:34am
post #113 of 122

Endymion! Lightning bugs in a jar! You nailed summertime right there! I love them all but that one brought back memories!

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:58am
post #114 of 122

endyimon, LOVE your cookies! The popsicle is especially realistic, and the lightning bugs in jar....genius!

Marianna46 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:03pm
post #115 of 122

Endymion, I love them all! The popsicle really pops, the balloon is totally groovy, I can feel the fan cooling my sweaty brow as we speak, and the jar with fireflies is a work of art!!! What icing did you use on the fan housing to get the 3D effect? I just adore this monthly cookie club. It brings out the best in everybody. By the way, 7yyrt, I got busy the other day and didn't write when you sent your suns, but I hope it's not too late to tell you I really liked them!

KHalstead Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:11pm
post #116 of 122

endymion how on earth did you do the popsicles? Is the whole popsicle a cookie? even the sticks? They look so awesome........they look so 3D on the top with the actual crevice where you break the two in half.......how did you do that??

The jar looks amazing too.......I'm always blown away at people (Gemini is one of them too) that can take the cookie icing and put the glare, and make things seem clear and 3dimensional.........it literally looks like you're looking through the jar, it's absolutely amazing!!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:34pm
post #117 of 122

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! The popsicle is all cookie -- the sticks are a thin layer of candy clay on top of the cookie. For the crevice, I let the frosting set up a little bit and then used a chopstick to press it down a little.

The "cage" of the fan is chocolate. I drew rings of various sizes on waxed paper. After they hardened, I arranged them on a plastic half-sphere and then drew the straight lines to connect them together. I'll try to attach a "side view" picture.

The firefly jar is my fave -- brings back many happy summer memories from childhood. But my husband took one look at it and said, "Yuck! Who would want to eat BUGS?" icon_lol.gif
LL

KHalstead Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:47pm
post #118 of 122

oh wow, I knew the fan had some dimension but didn't realize it was ACTUALLY 3-d.........soooooooooo cool!!!

bonniebakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:11pm
post #119 of 122

wow - that fan! And the lightning bugs in a jar - just perfect (and so creative!)!!!

Btrfly578 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:39pm
post #120 of 122

Love the cookies Endyimon. They look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%