Hello cookie makers!
Its been so much fun to see everyones creations and variations on a theme!
As the first poster of the May theme, Linedancer got to choose for the month of June. The June 2010 Cookie Club theme is"lazy summer days" with the provision that it NOT include anything that would be considered nautical/beach since that was last months theme.
That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits summer recreation, picnics, watermelon, etc.. Have fun creating!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures).
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
So if I'm understanding, the theme is "lazy summer days" without anything nautical? Is that right?
I can't wait to see what everyone makes!!!!
Wow, great theme! I guess it's time to get off of here and get crackin' with some new ideas!
Super cute and SUPER fast!! WOW!
I had leftover colors from yesterdays picnic cake. I just wish I could decorate like some of the people on here.
all4cake your cookies are WAY WAY better then mine! I should have waited so you could be first!! I hope to be as good as you one day.
[quote="SPCC"]all4cake your cookies are WAY WAY better then mine! I should have waited so you could be first!! I hope to be as good as you one day.[/quote]
Here I am trying to be even half as good as the rest of ya'll!
This is fun!
Great cookies, you guys! Who's next?
all4cake and SPCC - great job! I love the picnic idea!!
WOW - you guys were quick!!
Your cookies are right on what I had in mind for lazy summer days, good work SPCC and all4 cake, the cookies are great
Edited to add: Now I will have to get busy, but not until after the weekend when my youngest grand daughter is graduating from hs.
Excellent cookies, both of you! Love the cuteness of SPCC's picnic cookies, and love all the astonishing details in all4cake's cookies.
WOW!!! Those details are amazing!
Great job, both of you! I love the little watermelon slices, and the scene under the treee is lovely!
Ya'll are making me want to make more! Thank you!
I was thinking about joining in this month, but I am having a mental block as to what to do! I have been thinking about it for two days, trying to come up with an original idea...
LaFleur - I hope you join us!!
I'm still thinking..... I have some cookie dough in the fridge all ready to go!
JGMB, I love those! Would you share how you did the squares (I'm looking hard for clues but can't tell). Is that one still wet or does your icing remain shiney when dried? aaaaaaaaaaaand...did you pipe the ants???? I just seen the enlarged view...please, tell me they're non-pariels (?), beads or something...if you piped those...I am beyond envious!
Thanks, all4cake -- I take that as a real compliment, coming from a talented cookiemaker like you!!! I just free-handed the squares with glace. That's why they're not uniform.
The cookie was still fairly wet when I took the photo, but it's almost dry now and it's still somewhat shiny.
Thanks! Those ants are like perfect beads!
Nothing lame about those cookies, JGMB! They're sensational!
JGMB - I love those little ants on the picnic blanket! I had a similar idea, so I'm glad I saw yours before I started decorating mine - now I'll try something else!
i have the kids bake sale to prepare for so i will be posting soon-it's such an inspiration to see and hear everyone's ideas!! and from such talented people too
I wondered what happened to this thread -- it got unclicked!