Looking For A Tried And True Ganache For Under Fondant

Baking By sweettreat101 Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 1:52am by bakescupcakes

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:41am
post #1 of 3

The recipe I normally use is 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate, one cup cream, 2 tablespoons butter and a dash of vanilla. I found another recipe that was 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream and nothing else. What is the best recipe for using under fondant. This will be my first attempt, really nervous. I usually just use butter cream.

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:51am
post #2 of 3

I think I answered this on another thread of yours but the best ganache recipe I've used is 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. granulated sugar. Bring cream, sugar and butter to boil and pour over chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then stir until chocolate is melted and glossy. Allow to sit at room tempature covered for at least 24 hours before using.

Be sure to not cover your ganache until it's cooled enough not to form condensation on the plastic wrap or lid that you use to cover it with. The condensation can ruin your ganache.

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 3

I use one part cream and 2 parts dark chocolate. Heat cream in microwave till boil, remove and stir in chocolate. Leave to set overnight. This method and has always worked for me. In winter I sometimes add a bit more cream due to cool weather.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%