Adding Melted Chocolate To Chocolate Wasc Cake

Baking By colleenant Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 10:02pm by mamawrobin

colleenant Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 9

I've been using the amazing chocolate wasc cake recipe but want to try to add melted chocolate to the batter before baking. I'm looking to make the cake more chocolatey. Has anyone added melted chocolate to their batter? If so, how does it turn out?

8 replies
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:48am
post #2 of 9

I have. I also add melted white chocolate to the "origional" WASC (kakeladi's recipe). I love the texture and the taste.

KayMc Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:59am
post #3 of 9

I am so glad you started this thread, as I'd decided to add more chocolate to this recipe, as well. I was debating between baking cocoa and melted chocolate. Please, let me know how this turns out, as I need to make it in two weeks for my daughter's birthday! Please tell me what kind of chocolate you use, how much, and if you liked it or not! Thanks!

cheatize Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:08am
post #4 of 9

I don't recall if the recipe already calls for it, but you can replace the water in a cake with strong (cooled) coffee to bring out more chocolate flavor, too.

mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:06am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I don't recall if the recipe already calls for it, but you can replace the water in a cake with strong (cooled) coffee to bring out more chocolate flavor, too.

The recipe calls for coffee. I've also replaced 1/2 cup of the liquid with chocolate syrup. I prefer the results that I get by adding the melted chocolate.

KayMc Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:13am
post #6 of 9

Thanks, Mamawrobin! Do you use sweetened chocolate, I'm guessing? I love the idea of Hershey syrup. Why didn't I think of that?????

mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

Thanks, Mamawrobin! Do you use sweetened chocolate, I'm guessing? I love the idea of Hershey syrup. Why didn't I think of that?????

I prefer using the unsweetened chocolate baking squares. I have used semi-sweet and that was just as good. The first time I used chocolate syrup I used a whole cup. It was good but a little "too" much. icon_lol.gif

Kitagrl Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 9

I dunno, I did it once to a doctored cake mix and somehow, coincidentally or not, the cake ended up dry and yucky....

mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 9

Kitagrl, I added too much chocolate to one and I had the same results. I only add 6 ounces to the Chocolate WASC and I use 2 boxes of mix with my recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%