Cricut Help

Decorating By Jack031 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 8:13pm by Brandee8011

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I just got the cricut machine and I bought Sure Cuts A Lot so I can cut out my own designs from my computer but what do I need to get to connect my laptop to my cricut machine??? I tried to buy a cable but there pops up an error message stating that it can't find the machine..... Thus, I have no clue what I need.... The next thing is that I have this pretty design I wanna cut out but I need it in a certain shade of blue and I really don't like using gumpaste in the machine since that has never worked for me I have always used frosting sheets or rice paper but I need it colored thus can I airbrush either one or buy these already colored for me??? Much help is needed because I have no idea what I am doing, help!!!!!!

6 replies
Brandee8011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandee8011 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:37am
post #2 of 7

I had this same problem and called up the support team for Sure Cuts Alot. The suggestion that was made was to use a different USB port on my computer. It worked! If this doesn't work for you go ahead and try to call the customer support number listed on the software packaging. Also, since you will be using SVG file formats, I would suggest that you try to limit downloading any SVG files from free download sites. I did this and ended up getting a fake virus protection software that messed up my computer. It was a headache.

Brandee Beavers

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:40am
post #3 of 7

Try this website, she seems to be very helpful!

http://www.scrappingtable.com/home.html

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:57am
post #4 of 7

you might also need to power cycle your computer.

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you on helping fix that delightful problem of the connection but I still have the problem about the colored frosting/rice paper...... any advice anyone???

Brandee8011 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 7

Jack031,

If you currently do not own an epson or cannon printer used exclusively with edible ink cartridges for cakes. You can always purchase edible pens and shade the cut piece in with the color of your choosing, however, you may run into a problem using this with the rice paper as it may curl up at the ends.

Brandee Beavers

Brandee8011 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 7

Another option would be you cut it out on paper for a template, and then take a sheet of your gumpaste spray it down with edible airbrush paint, wait for it to fully dry, and then use the cut out as a template to cut around it. Now, to be honest I have never tried this, but its a thought.

Brandee Beavers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%