Colored Lines In Fondant?

Decorating By lizabu Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 12:43am by lizabu

lizabu Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 5

I wonder if anyone can tell me how this effect is done in fondant?

4 replies
fondantfrenzy Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 5

If i had to guess i would say that is brown satin ribbon. non edible ribbon that is.

CakesByCharlene Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 5

i always thought that was just ribbon wrapped around the cake

maladymay Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:24am
post #4 of 5

Looks like satin ribbon to me, too, but I don't see why you couldn't do it in fondant, as well. Roll it out real thin (like with a pasta roller, maybe) and cut it into long "ribbons"...?

lizabu Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:43am
post #5 of 5

Oooh...good ideas...thank you. I was thinking maybe it was painted on and it seemed really risky. I might try a small sample one first. Now I have a couple options. Thank you all so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%