Needed-Recipe For Vanilla, Dense, But Moist Cake

Baking By Corrie7171 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 7:14am by robyndmy

Corrie7171 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie7171 Posted 31 May 2010 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 6

I would appreciate a recipe (vanilla) for a dense, but moist for a wedding and sculpting cake.

I have several recipes, but they are difficult to sculpt. Appreciate any input. If anyone has Sharon Zambito recipe, that would be greatly appreciated.
Corrie

5 replies
Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 31 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried freezing it first, then sculpting while frozen? It helps quite a bit.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 6

Confetti cakes for Kids has a vanilla cake recipe in it. The book is all about sculptured cakes so I'm sure it is what you are looking for. I made it about a month ago and it was delicious. I do remember thinking I'll make it again.

I got the book from the library so I don't have it to share with you. But if you check with your local library you may find it there.

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 6

Darthburn's right, freezing makes a great difference!! And if you freeze your cakes a day or more in advance, you free up a little more time to make the cake, and the cake becomes more moist also.

If you do still need a recipe though, PM me. I love my vanilla cake recipe. icon_biggrin.gif

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 6

Oh what is this Robyndmy? Cake secrets? Can't share this awesome recipe with everyone on the board?

Haha!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thought I'd give ya a hard time lol!

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 7:14am
post #6 of 6

Oh dear, I've been caught in the act! I'm all for sharing, but I'm sure you know that protective feeling over your recipes... even in a loving community like this, the first instinct is to hide your secrets! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%