Alphabet Script Cutter Set (Fnvn)

Decorating By grandmalink Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm by Babycakes30265

grandmalink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmalink Posted 31 May 2010 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 9

I just got the upper case alphabet and numbers cutter set from fnvn and have tryed last night and today I can't get the letters out of the cutter.

I am useing MF rolled thin with power suger hit it against the table I get half or nothing comes out. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Thanks
Debbie from Michigan

8 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 9

There was thread about this a month or two ago. It had several suggestions:
Let the fondant dry a bit first
Put plastic wrap between the fondant and the cutter

are the two I remember. There's also a youtube video by Tonedna and Aine2 also has a video showing how to use them.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 9

You need to use a bit of tylose in your fondant ,Gumpaste or mexican paste. Roll thin leave for a while dab tappits into a little ps then tap.
I personaly do it this way but prefer to smear the surface underneath with shortening rather than use ps.

grandmalink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmalink Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:25am
post #4 of 9

Thank you both for your reply I looked on you tube earlier could not fine it on FMM cutters. I found it I even tryied to find posting here on CC could not find until I had a google it. Thank you both again.

Debbie from Michigan

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 9

The advise that I was given was to dip the cutter in shortening and/ or cornstarch first and then cut. I also watch Toneda's video. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:27am
post #6 of 9

I just use straight gumpaste rolled thin, and it comes out super easy...no ps, shortening, or anything else needed.

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:36am
post #7 of 9

I agree with adding tylose to fondant, rolling it thinly & letting it dry for a few minutes before you cut. You may try searching using 'tapits, or tap-its" on you tube. Edna has a great video showing the shortening method that was mentioned above. icon_smile.gif Best of luck!

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:25am
post #8 of 9

I am having the same prblem with my new tapits, so glad I found this topic.
I got so mad I said the heck with it!

Yall are a vast wealth of knowledge on here.

Babycakes30265 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babycakes30265 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm
post #9 of 9

I used gumpaste rolled thin - put a dusting of cornstarch on top of the gumpaste - then used the cutters. They slipped right out. Some letters are more cooperative than others. I think the are super cute & worth the little struggle. Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%