Sugar Margarita Glass???

Sugar Work By JCE62108

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 1

My sister in law wants a margaritaville inspired cake for her birthday for this weekend. I have never done any sugar bottles or anything like that but have wanted to try for a while now. Is it possible to make something like a margarita glass? I dont really know how Id go about it and Im worried I may not even have enough time to do it in a week. Does the silicone dry pretty fast? Would a mold be useable within 3 or 4 days from today?

I really wish Id have had more time to prepare for this, but she didnt pick her design until about 2 days ago and Ive been with family this weekend and havent had a chance to get started on it yet.

If this kind of technique will not work for a margarita glass, do any of you have any ideas on how I could do this?

If I were just going to go at it, Id do the mold like Ive read about with the beer bottles. Just coating it and letting it dry. The only thing Im worried about is it being really flimsy and loosing it's shape when I try to put the sugar in it. I mean, I can still make a clay base for it to sit in, but how do you keep the top from collapsing? I have no experience with this at all so maybe that isnt even an issue, but I was hoping if anyone here has done a glass like this if you had any tips for me.

Thanks guys. I think Im going to Michaels now to see about getting some silicone.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%