Does Anyone Else Have A Dp Who Does This??

Lounge By princesssalamander Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 10:41am by princesssalamander

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 31 May 2010 , 6:32am
post #1 of 5

when you try to explain about a cake you've seen and how difficult it'd be (I was explaining about the dinosaur cake on cake boss) they just turn around and say - "well that'd be pretty easy"

My DP was a chef until he became disabled. I am starting to get a little annoyed at his "chef mentality" that anything is easy. If it is that easy then he should be the one getting into cake making and decorating...oh what's that - you can't even make a decent sponge?? You have no idea how to actually use fondant??

Don't get me wrong, he's always impressed with what I do - but any ideas I come up with that I see that I know would be hard (I wanted to make a standing 3D dragon with individual scaled) are in his eyes easy. Either that or he'll argue with me about how something should be done...like making flowers, or making figures. Well hello.....who's the one that spends hours of every day making cakes or "doing research" (on cc of course!!). Being a chef and being a baker and decorator just don't compare - so it bugs me he thinks he knows it all

Sorry - rant over!

4 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

"Really? Then let's see you do it. Put up or shut up."

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

I'm working with a guy who does the same thing. Gets very old very quickly. Just ignore him the best you can and move on. Those types of people never seem to learn to shut up.

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:23am
post #4 of 5

I agree, put up or shut up. Hey if it is so easy why don't you challenge him to your own little cake off challenge., then you will know !!!!!!! This could be very interesting and fun.

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:41am
post #5 of 5

I know I'd win hands down lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%