Decorating By MissSuper Updated 31 May 2010 , 2:28pm by MissSuper

MissSuper Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:33am
post #1 of 6

Apart from wilton's colour flow product recipe/technique, does anyone know of any other alternative way for making royal icing runouts?

5 replies
Cookie4 Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:43am
post #2 of 6

I just use diluted royal icing diluted to the count of 5. The difference between diluted royal icing and color flow is that color flow is slightly shiney. And since the difference is minimal I don't think it's worth making a batch of c/f.

MissSuper Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:53am
post #3 of 6

Diluted royal icing diluted to the count of 5. Please forgive me as I do not understand what you mean. If possible, could you expalin and provide the recipe/instructions?

Lyndseyb52 Posted 31 May 2010 , 10:12am
post #4 of 6

I did a cake class where they softened fondant with water until it was the right consistency for runouts.

You have to add the water a tiny bit at a time whilst softening the fondant with a pallette knife.

Lyndsey xx

Cookie4 Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, I will be happy to explain. Take some Royal Icing in a cup or bowl and add water to it. Remember when you ever threw a rock into a pond or lake and it left water rings and then dissapated? Well that's exactly what you want.

Just add enough water so it's fairly runny but not at total liquid consistency. Then using a spoon scoop up some of the diluted royal and drop it back on itself. You will see marks (kinda like rings in the pond). Start counting and when you have reached the count of 5-10 and all the marks from dripping the royal are gone you are ready to flood (run-out) the royal onto what ever you want.

I hope this helps -it's very easy to do!

MissSuper Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks very much guys. I will try this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%