Doesn Anyone One Have A Heathbar Filling Recipe?

Baking By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 2:51pm by BitofWhimsyCakes

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 10

I auctioned off a custiom cake at my son's school. I gave a list of cake, filling, and frosting flavors.

But the woman who got the cake asked for a heath bar filling. I told her I didn't have a recipe but I would see if I could get one. So Does anyone have a recipe for Heath bar filling?

9 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 10
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:53am
post #3 of 10

Thank You I will give this one a try!

BitofWhimsyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitofWhimsyCakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:33am
post #4 of 10

I've got a killer Heath filling! It's one of my best sellers. Anyone who loves Heath bars, will love this filling!

Chocolate Toffee Filling

1 c. unsalted butter, softened
8 egg yolks
2 c. packed brown sugar (light)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. maple flavoring
2 c. chopped/crushed Heath bars

In a medium saucepan, combine butter, egg yolks, brown sugar & salt with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until think - about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in maple flavoring & Heath bars. Cool to room temperature before filling cakes.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:57am
post #5 of 10

Wow sounds Yummy! Do you put it on a double boiler ot straight on the heat? Do you do it on medium heat? I guess I am worried I might scramble the eggs.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 10

That does sound good! icon_biggrin.gif

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 10

Yum those do sound good! I go the easy route - I make ganche, let it cool and then mix approx. 1/2 of a bag of heath pieces into the ganache and spread between the layers.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks, But I can't get bettercream here. Alabama is one of those places where ..we don't get anything until the rest of the country has it 1st...LOL

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 10

i use 1 box of jello white chocolate pudding, mixed with 2 cups of heavy cream....the cream makes it almost like a mousse. when i get ready to fill my cakes i mix a cup (or more depending on taste) of chopped heath bars into it. i have had people just request a bowl of the filling!!! so simple and so delicious. sometimes i fill with this and slice fresh strawberries on top of it............too good for words!!

BitofWhimsyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitofWhimsyCakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 10

amyoungbl00d5 - I don't use a double boiler. I just whisk the mixture constantly to keep from scrambling the eggs, and keep the temp on medium.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%