Any Ideas On How This Was Done?

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 31 May 2010 , 1:39am by annabanana183

ajmccray Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a cake based off of this design that was sent to me. I am trying to figure out how she did the boy on the horse. It looks like it's from the cricut but I have scoured the cricut cartridges and can't find it. I've tried to google the image to see if I could come up with a coloring page like it but can't. Anyone have any ideas as to how this fondant plaque was made? Thanks!!!

9 replies
Marianna46 Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 10

Could it be a patchwork cutter? I'm not familiar with their catalog. You might just have to cut the different forms out freehand and put them together.

all4cake Posted 30 May 2010 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 10

no idea but what a beautiful blue!

princesssalamander Posted 30 May 2010 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 10

awwww, it's the milky bar kid!

oh - erm, sorry, no idea on the answer to the question

all4cake Posted 30 May 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 10

a CCer did a Dora similarly...not with a cricut though. she gave step by step instructions too...(or maybe a link to her site with sbs instructions)....I'll look...

KathysCC Posted 30 May 2010 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 10

There are several CC members who make these kind of cake "plaques". Many of them just do it by hand, designing, cutting and decorating the image out of fondant. It is way beyond my talent level, that's for sure.

ajmccray Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:42am
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the ideas. I have seen this specific picture on a few different cakes, some FBCT and some piped, etc. They all look the same (pose I mean) so I feel I should be able to find it somewhere. I did email the person who did this cake but I understand that some people don't want to divulge info and I told her that in the email that I understood if she didn't want to share (although she is across the country from me, so I hope she does!) Keep the ideas coming though! I have already warned the customer that it won't be like that and she said my creative design was fine but I'm afraid to deviate too much for fear that it will be too different. If I can't figure it out, I do have a cricut cartridge that has a little cowboy standing and a little horse cut out that would work. I haven't cut fondant on the cricut so that makes me a little nervous. Anyway, thanks again!!

hritzer Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:57am
post #8 of 10

What about doing it with color flow?

ChRiStY_71 Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:13am
post #9 of 10

It looks like the cowboy that is on one of Sharon Zambito's DVDs. Maybe the new Sheet Cake DVD. You could PM her and ask where she got her design.

annabanana183 Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:39am
post #10 of 10

how about this one.
I would print the page and trace it on different colored fondant s, cut them out and again put them together on a gum past piece. just like making a puzzle icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%