New Buttercream Satin Ice

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 31 May 2010 , 12:00am by chilz822

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 30 May 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone tried it yet?
I'm wondering how it handles and tastes...
I use regular SI all the time (used to HATE it, what was I thinking???). I've read how difficult rolled buttercream can be so I'm wondering if the SI is any different?

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 5

Haven't tried it yet, but my understanding is that "buttercream" refers to flavoring, only, so I would assume that the other properties of it would be exactly the same as regular white fondant?????

JMHO
Rae

sweetkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkake Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 5

I went to the Satin Ice website, buttercream is the flavor.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 5

Yah, it's just a new flavor, will work the same as reg SI. I am dying to try it. I am hopeful it will taste as delish as it sounds. Mmmmmm... I love Satin Ice.

Helpful hint, if you have tried Satin Ice and didn't like it, check this... does it have a glue like taste and smell? The first time I tried it, it did and I was super disappointed. What happened was that I hadn't realized that it had been sitting in a hot room for a while and was most likey, not quite *spoiled*, but really NOT good. I bought a new bucket and made sure that didn't happen again... delicious!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:00am
post #5 of 5

I was just curious, I'm ordering some tomorrow and was trying to decide whether to just get a small bucket to try... or take the plunge and get a bigger one...
Thanks for the insights and help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%