Is It My Imagination??.....

Decorating By carmijok Updated 30 May 2010 , 11:39pm by Echooo3

carmijok Posted 30 May 2010 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 15

Is it my imagination or is the quality of work that is shown on CC just getting better and better? I am in awe looking at all the galleries and the wonderful creations that are posted. Even the so-called 'amateurs' produce some of the most beautiful work. I have gotten the most fabulous ideas here.

Just wanted to say thanks and great job everyone! I've learned so much...and am so jealous of all the talent...but that's what keeps me motivated to improve. I'm so glad I found CC! thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
pat-a-cakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 15

I have to agree, there are a lot of very talented artists on here and I am forever in their debt for the ideas and tips/advice I find on here. I am sooo glad I stumbled on this site a while back. Thanks CC and all the artists on here.

tesso Posted 30 May 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 15

I have noticed all right. Some of the talent on here blows me away. There are so many cakes in my favs that I keep waiting for a box to pop up that reads..Favs full.. sorry about your luck. icon_lol.gif I love this site!

diane706 Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 15

So funny you should mention this. I was recently thinking the same thing!!

bobhope Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 15

great site!!!..from tips, techniques, design ideas to helping you..cant ask for more..thanks to all who have helped me one way or another icon_biggrin.gif

bobbie

Caths_Cakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 15

Ive been thinking the same my self, almost every cake ive looked at recently has been fantastic and ive placed into my faves icon_smile.gif

mbark Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 15

so true, I TOO was just thinking that yesterday! at least 1/2 of the cakes on a newly uploaded page will definitely be worth a look now.

rosiecast Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 15

I'm pretty new here in the board and have always been in awe, but yes, lately I'm even in more awe. LOL

KakesbyKris Posted 30 May 2010 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 15

In a lot of ways I have learned more from CC than the Wilton classes. When I have a question or an idea this is my goto. And everyone is so willing to offer advice or just support when I want to vent. My Wilton Instructor told me that she loves having me in class because she has learned more in the past couple weeks than in 16 years of decorating. Every week I come in with an idea or question about something I saw on here and she has to find the answer as well.
I can only hope to be producing the same quality of work as I see on here after much practice.
Thank you to everyone for all the inspiration for this newbie and a newly loved art form! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 15

I agree, it just keeps getting better and better! icon_smile.gif I love seeing folks progress too, from first starting out to really wonderful creations. There is a BUNCH of talent on here, and I am really proud to be a part of such a sharing community. thumbs_up.gif Those who are learning today, will be the ones passing information on in the future!

scoutmamma Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:22pm
post #11 of 15

Its like having your own personal fish tank that you can just stare at in awe of its beauty. Every time i am back, which is a couple times a day now... it is more amazing to find such creative people willing to share with the world. I love having a site to go to where i am not pushed to buy anything, not bothered by pop-ups and everyone is kind and helpful!!! Ty to all of you for making a haven for Cakers everywhere!

Sherry1030 Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #12 of 15

Definitely not your imagination - the talent here is ridiculous but inspiring! Its so fun to sit here with my coffee and scroll through them! I feel completely inadequate but I love it! I think the best part is that the people here are so helpful and friendly. Its awesome to see a gorgeous cake and have the person who created it help you out. Does anyone know how many 'favorites' you can have?? icon_smile.gif

Zahrah Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #13 of 15

I could swear that some of what I see ARE NOT cakes. They just can't be!!! What an inspiration all of the fellow cakers on here are!

Darthburn Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:38pm
post #14 of 15

Sometimes it makes me depressed... everyone is so good and has such great ideas. I can't look at mine after I browse the galleries! haha!

I very much appreciate all the help I have gotten and all the people I have had fun talkling with since joining!

And yes, the quality is drastically increasing... can you guys hold up a bit and let me catch up?

madhatter.gif

Echooo3 Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:39pm
post #15 of 15

I've noticed it also. Inspires me to be better but sometimes I can help but think I'm fighting a loosing battle.

I'll keep trying, I'll never give up but darn it, I wish I could catch up.

Kudos to all my fellow decorators that are always knocking it OUT OF THE PARK!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%