Best Compliment You Can Ever Get.

Decorating By cakesbymark Updated 30 May 2010 , 6:14pm by Irish_Sue

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 30 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

So yesterday i was at my wifes aunts house for a cookout,
and i brought a cake for the dessert ( flag cake in my pics)
so the desserts start getting served and 2 of her neighbors
ask what my recipe is for this cake ( chocolate fudge chocolate chip)
because it was the best cake they have ever had and that there was no way it was made from a box and i just laugh and ask why would you think that and they both reply that they have never had a cake that moist and dense before from a mix and that every time they have made a cake ( from box mixes ) its tasted good but never that moist,flavorful or dense and i just thanked them and left it at that, just about everyone at the cookout had seconds

now it was just a dh chocolate fugde mix with a chocolate pudding extra oil and extra egg plus chocolate chips i tossed in flour,added vanilla and chocolate extracts. that stuff makes me feel very good.....

4 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 30 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

I know that no matter how good a cake looks - if someone does not comment on the taste- I don't feel as good about the cake.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 30 May 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac670

I know that no matter how good a cake looks - if someone does not comment on the taste- I don't feel as good about the cake.

true that.

taste is what usually leaves the last impression

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 30 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 5

*LOL*......excellent......

Irish_Sue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish_Sue Posted 30 May 2010 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

Best compliment I had was when we were out one night for a friends birthday. It was one of these buffet style restaurants where the food was generally great but the dessert trolley generally consists of shop bought cakes, puddings etc.

Anyway I had made the birthday cake for the party and dropped it in to the restaurant earlier in the day and they served it up while everyone was having desserts. One guy, who I had never met before had been very vocal about the food all night - discussing what he liked and didn't like (in a very nice way) and he kept this up through the desserts though for the most part it at that stage it was mostly why he didn't like any of them - until he had a piece of the birthday cake which he proclaimed to be absolutely delicious and nothing like the rest of the desserts he had tried and that he wanted to know why the rest of their desserts weren't up to the same standard - to which my friend replied 'that would be because it isn't one of their desserts'.
I think for me the reason it was such a good compliment was because he genuinely had no idea that I had made the cake and wasn't saying that he liked it because he felt he had to, which is something I always worry about slightly when I am making cakes for family and friends.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%