How Do I Make A Honda Civic Cake?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 31 May 2010 , 2:12pm by sarascakecreations

sarascakecreations Posted 30 May 2010 , 1:27am
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake with a honda civic replica as a topper. The actual car itself will only be about 7" or so..... I was thinking maybe mold the basic shape out of gumpaste or fondant or even a mix???

Also should I paint on the windows or stick them on with fondant?? My only worry with sticking them on is... I don't want the windows to be popping out of the car...

any help, instructions, or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

5 replies
sarascakecreations Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:32am
post #2 of 6

no one with any help at all icon_sad.gif

MrsPound Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:50am
post #3 of 6

if you have excellent sculpting skills, go for it with the gumpaste/fondant mix of 50/50. If it is going to be smaller, I'd probably paint the windows on, but that's only because it would seem like a lot more work for such a tiny piece of decor.

I hear ya on the fondant windows though. if you don't get them thin enough or just right, it will seem like they are popping off of the car.

Sounds like a great idea, however! I would love the see the finish product- I just may try to make one myself for fun!!

Also- a matchbox car would be a good model for you rather that just looking at a picture on one.

HTH!! icon_surprised.gif)

Dreme Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:56am
post #4 of 6

I had to make a honda civic cake a few years ago. I didn't know how to mold one so the cake ended up being shaped into one.

jayarr Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 6

hey . maybe do it with a Honda civic standing car . not just one side of it being shown but all of the sides .. I think that would look much prettier than that..

sarascakecreations Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone,

yes i did a 3-D fully standing car and molded it out of half gumpaste n half fondant and i painted it silver with luster dust. i have begun to cut out the windows out of very thin black fondant so we'll see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%