How Do I Do These Daisies??

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 30 May 2010 , 12:30pm by yummycupcake

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 29 May 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 7

I found a cake recently online and love the design and how the daisies are done. I am however not sure how to do the daisies. They look like they are maybe done with royal icing but I am not sure and also what tip to use if they were. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
LL

6 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 May 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 7

These are made with royal icing. There are different techniques on how they are done. This is a more complicated one. Bu in this tutorial there is a more simple one.

Both are done with tip 104 unless you want smaller daisies.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 May 2010 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 7

I'm not sure what tip they are, but its definitely royal...and I think I would prefer to use just a round tip to make royal daisies look like this:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product_images/23433_A75KR8IR_710-7157.jpg

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 29 May 2010 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

It looks to me like the leaf tip wilton 352 because it has the ridge in the middle of the petal. Just my opinion.

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:12am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuttercream

I found a cake recently online and love the design and how the daisies are done. I am however not sure how to do the daisies. They look like they are maybe done with royal icing but I am not sure and also what tip to use if they were. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Watch Edna's tutorial it is GREAT!!! all of hers are very helpful.

yvonnecargile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvonnecargile Posted 30 May 2010 , 12:06pm
post #6 of 7

Its the rose tip for the petals

yummycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycupcake Posted 30 May 2010 , 12:30pm
post #7 of 7

I know how to make this type of daysies. Follow Edna's instructions but turn the tip around so the wide end is in the center. Make sure you put pressure to mark the tip on each petal. I hope this instructions help you to make the daysies. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%