3D Tree Varieties?

Decorating By blueangel174 Updated 29 May 2010 , 6:19pm by 7yyrt

blueangel174 Posted 29 May 2010 , 6:02am
post #1 of 3

In June I have to make 3 cakes for family members. All cakes are going to be outdoor scenes (different themes) with trees. I have made the evergreen trees with pretzel rods, waffle cones and BC, but I really do not want evergreen trees on every cake especially since my family will be at each event. I've seen the evergreen trees done by cutting into fondant w/tylose, but I would love to learn how to make other types of non evergreen trees. Do you have any ideas with pictures and or instructions? I've been scanning through the photos on CC for ideas, but need more help. The trees are more of a background, not the main focus so they won't be very large. Thanks in advance!

2 replies
chellescountrycakes Posted 29 May 2010 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 3

I like the grapevine treesfor more of an 'oak' look.

You buy grapes, take the grapes off the stems, and dip them in melted chocolate. then roll in Rice Krispies.

I had taken a water bottle, put green in the water and sprayed them lightly, then let them dry.

This is a cake my 10 year old son did for a project (actually he did 3 of them, the stages of a volcano... my work is bad, butnot quite this bad. LOL )

I have also seen on here taking a green fondant ball, putting it on a pretzel stick (which I always cover in fondant) and then piping the leaves on it, like the evergreen, but round. it was real cute.

7yyrt Posted 29 May 2010 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 3

Fill a clean empty milk carton with ice chunks, pour in melted chocolate or candy melts.
Palm trees, 2 cookies in an X shape, mini cupcakes turned upside-down on top of each other, cupcake on a pretzel rod for a fruit tree...

Quote by @%username% on %date%