Where To Put Wording?

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 29 May 2010 , 4:27am by chellescountrycakes

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 29 May 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 6

Hi All,

I am doing a cake for a confirmation on Sunday. The mom wanted a cake something like the attached picture, but only 2 tier, in buttercream with cornelli lace on one and stripes on the other (white on white), with the butterflies more off center, flying upwards towards a cross. I have made all of the butterflies, cakes are iced and gumpaste cross made.

Tonight I received a message from her asking me to also include the message "God bless Leanna on her confirmation". I cannot figure out where to put this message on this cake. Any suggestions?
LL

5 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 May 2010 , 3:41am
post #2 of 6

Maybe you should just respond to her with "Where?" Another option is to write it on some kind of gumpaste plaque to sit on the side of the cake. Or write it on the cake board.

My idea about writing on a cake is that it's redundant and tacky. Everyone already knows why they are there. Why does the cake have to remind them? But I digress. . .

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 29 May 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 6

Why not on a fondant ribbon on the board this won't impact you design and she'll be happy

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 29 May 2010 , 3:53am
post #4 of 6

I'm not fond of writing on cakes either...I think it takes away from the design in most cases....but what the customer wants... icon_rolleyes.gif

I like the idea of just putting it on the board...that way it is still there without taking away from the cake itself.

Thanks for your help!

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 29 May 2010 , 4:10am
post #5 of 6

can you incorperate a banner of some sort? I'd hate to try and stick it somewhere and it not be flowing with everything else.

of course, my piping skills and writing skills SUCK, so I have decided that my signature is signs or ribbons or something else with the writing ON it. LOL

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 29 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #6 of 6

Everyone wrote while I was. LOL

thats my excuse from here on out! Its redundant and tacky icon_smile.gif LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%