Do Any Of You Use Homemade Fondant With Cricut Cake?

Baking By bostonterrierlady Updated 29 May 2010 , 4:13am by catlharper

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 28 May 2010 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 2

What recipe do you use? I can add tylose or gumtex. It gets expensive buying fondant.

1 reply
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 May 2010 , 4:13am
post #2 of 2

I use the standard simple mmf recipe...2 cups PS, 2 tbs water, 16oz marshmallows, 1tsp flavoring, crisco to help knead. Just put the marshmallows with the water in a microwave safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 mins, stopping every 30 secs to stir with wooden spoon. When totally melted add flavoring and stir. (this is when you'd add coloring if you are doing a whole batch a color) Add in about 1 cup of sifted PS and stir. Turn out on a PS sprinkled matt and add more sifted PS till the dough gets to the texture of soft pizza dough. Make sure before kneading to grease your hands well with crisco. When the dough is the right consistancy (probably won't take the whole 2 cups of PS) you will want to smear it with crisco and double wrap in saran or press n seal. Refrigerate overnight or at least 12 hours.

As for the cricut. I've learned that if you take about a cup of the MMF and mix in about 3/4 tbs of tylose, mix well and then roll out to about the thickness of a dime on the matt. Let it dry at least 8 hours before cutting. Extra mats are smart to have around to roll out extra fondant to have on hand. It seems to cut really well. The directions with the Cricut cake says that cutting fondant on the 3 inch or larger setting will produce the best results.HTH! Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%