Tips

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 28 May 2010 , 9:31pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 3

When I get paid for a cake, say a small birthday cake, I generally don't count the money when the customer picks it up. I feel my prices are cheap enough when someone wants a cake that they aren't going to jip me out of 20.00. But I have noticed that most of the people getting cakes from me are giving me more then I told them to pay, and I find this out after they leave the house when I go to put the money away. At that point I'm confused on how I should go about thanking them? I feel really embarrassed for some reason to count the money in front of them, but then if I can't get ahold of them to thank them, I feel rude about that!

Do you guys count the money directly in front of your customer? If you wait till they leave, do you try to hunt them down and thank them?

I don't mean on huge wedding cake orders where I would be talking 100's of dollars, I'm talking 20-30 dollar cakes.

2 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 3

If some one hands me cash I always ask "do you need change?" That way you'll know if they are giving you a tip or not.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 May 2010 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 3

that's a good idea cathy! I should probably have some cash on me next time around and ask that ... normally I don't have cash, but that would be embarrassing if they said yes and I said uh ... uh ... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%