Multiple Words On One Cake

Decorating By agraham225 Updated 28 May 2010 , 8:38pm by Elaine2581

agraham225 Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 6

I have a friend who wants quite a long quote on a 2 tiered cake, and i need a few suggestions on how to put all the words on it... i was thinking mabe a banner going around it or something. This is only my 4th cake with fondant and i am clean out of ideas on how to make this work! someone please help with ideas!

5 replies
indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 6

Here's a couple I did ... the choc one was free hand. The blue one was fondant letter cut out with JEM cutters.

agraham225 Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 6

i never thought of just piping it straight on the cake. that is a good idea, and they are beautiful. thank you!

hoosierhobbyist Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

Lucks also has designer edible image prints with Wedding Words of Love, gorgeous on fondant. You could also custom order them from a company that will print the custom Designer Prints with what your client wants.

agraham225 Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 6

That is pretty neat. I just started doing cakes, and im new to all the cool techniques that everyone has and the products out there. Im definatly going to have to oreder some of those!!

Elaine2581 Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 6

Whenever I have writing to do on cakes, I usually have my husband print something on the computer to fit the size I need. He uses several different fonts so I can see what I like best. Then I cover it with parchment or wax paper and try different tips to see how it best fits. With that decided, I shine a lazer level across the cake so that my writing is straight. If it needs to be really close like the letters in the book on my teacher's retirement cake, I cut a piece of fun foam the size of the space I need and move the lazer beam down that amount before starting the next line. Hope that is clear and helpful; it not send me a PM and I'll try to explain it better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%