Tres Leche With Fondant

Decorating By sweet_cravings Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 1:23am by Maria925

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

I have made many fondant covered cakes but ever tried Tres Leche cake. Is it possible to make Tres Leche cake covered with fondant? I'll be using 'open book shaped pan'. Is it possible to make layers also in between the cake OR will it spoil the book shape?? So my question is Tres Leche with layer in between & covered in fondant will it work properly... Don't want to try it directly on party time...

Thanks.

7 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 8

I have heard it is not such a good.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 8

Tres Leche and fondant will not work. The cake is too moist and will melt (dissolve) the fondant.

Addie2580 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addie2580 Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 8

I have done it, and it works well ( at least I havent had any problems). When I do tres leches cake, its never soaking wet. The only thing is that it could end up being a lil sweeter for some people.
Here is a two cakes of the many tres leches cakes I've made. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Addie
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1488942.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1517885.html

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 8

Addie2580, I cannot THANK YOU enough for this information thumbs_up.gif . I was told that it wouldn't work. I have alot of request for Tres Leche wedding cakes in my area and I've always used buttercream instead of fondant for this reason.

I'm going to have one happy bride to be this afternoon when I call and tell her that we CAN do her cake just like she wanted. icon_smile.gif

I also want to say that your cakes are georgeous.

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone.. I tried small heart shaped tres leche with fondant cover & it worked very well... Now this weekend I'm trying tres leche -1 bottom layer of tres leche, middle layer of strawberry mousse & upper layer regular... all covered with fondant. Hope it comes our good.

Addie2580 - Your cakes are AMAZING.... simple Beautiful....!!!!

Any idea for how many people a open book shaped cake serve??

Thanks.

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:06am
post #7 of 8

addie2580- what beautiful cakes!!!!! what filling did you use for the tres leche cake? Did you flavor your fondant? Which fondant did you use to make your cakes?

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:23am
post #8 of 8

I've only made Tres Leches in a pan that it was left in (soaking in the milk). How do you make it so that you can take it out of the pan? Just curious because I would love to make one that I could actually decorate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%