Boy/girl Twin Bday Cake

Decorating By Mom_Of_4 Updated 31 May 2010 , 2:05pm by jayarr

Mom_Of_4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_Of_4 Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering if I can use one of you guys' brains to come up with an idea of what to do for a boy/ girl twin bday cake. Normally I just do two different cakes for them, but we are not having the party at the house, so I don't want to have to take two different cakes. The boy said spiderman and the girl wants anything girly, but I don't know how to combine the two. Would it be possible to decorate one side of the cake in spiderman and the other side with girly stuff? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

5 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 6

I just did a two sided cake for my grandson...star wars on one side and halo the other....you could do spiderman on front and what she likes on back

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 6

You could also do a two tier cake - a boy tier and a girl tier. Or maybe scrap Spiderman and just make a neutral colored cake - purple, green, yellow, etc. Good luck!

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

How old are the kids? The younger they are the less you need to worry about getting a little pink on the boy side. What do they like? They must have 1 thing in common that could tie it together.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 6

You could do her stuff on top of the cake and do his around the sides....

So maybe girly and frilly and pink and purple on top

and buildings and webs and "flying spidey" whipping around the tops of the buildings....

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 6

You could do made a barrier between the half's and put all the stuffs for the boy and for the girl in the other side .. Good luck !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%