Cheesecake Filling???

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm by sweettreat101

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 6

I see alot of gourmet idea's that call for cheesecake filling. I make my own cheesecake that is awesome. Do I simply bake this and use as the filling or is there a better way to achieve this?

5 replies
luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 6

How often would you use the cheescake filling? The ingredients to make the cheesecake just for filling and then the cake could be costly. I made my sons wedding cake last month and I did a couple of tiers in red velvet. I purchased the ready made cheesecake filling that Kraft (in a tub in the cream cheese aisle, ready to put in a crust) makes and mixed that with my buttercream as a filling and it tasted very good. I got the idea from someone else on CC.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 6

ive used the ready made cheesecake filling from philly as well, used the plain and added strawberries for a white cake filling, used the plain and added ginger for a carrot cake filling, used the chocolate for a chocolate cake filling...easy and adaptable

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the tip. now all I have to do is decide on how to get rid of the "STORE CONTAINER". hubby thinks everything has to be homemade!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 6

for my cheesecake filling I use Melvira's recipe and get RAVE reviews on it!

2 c. liquid Rich's bettercreme whipped icing
1 box cheesecake pudding mix
1 c. cold milk

dump it all in a bowl and whip until it has stiff peaks, it's fine at room temp. for up to 5 days as well!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 6

I make a cheesecake mousse using one small box instant cheesecake pudding and one pint whipping cream. Whip until peaks form. So good and easy to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%