Successful Stacking Dvd By Sharon Z. ???? ...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 28 May 2010 , 8:30pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Posted 28 May 2010 , 11:09am
post #1 of 8

Hi all!

Hoping someone has this DVD and can answer me a question. I currently have a 6" round cake filled and on cut to fit foam core board, attached to a corrugated board and then taped to a cake drum. This is how Sharon shows to prep her upper tiers when stacking.

She states that the weight of the cake will prevent it from moving on the corrugated board when you go to ice it. However, this small 6" cake is moving all over the place???

Can you please advise me how I can prevent this cake from sliding all over the place when I go to ice it. Remember, it is going to be lifted to go on top of a 10" cake. Both cakes are currently setteling.

I did send Sharon Z. a message, however she is a busy lady =) Have not heard back yet. Hopefully someone on CC can help me out

=)

7 replies
Mikel79 Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 8

Any suggestions??

CookieD-oh Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 8

I usually use a couple pieces of looped scotch tape between the board and the cake circle. When I'm done, I just use my spatula to separate the two. HTH.

DianeLM Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieD-oh

I usually use a couple pieces of looped scotch tape between the board and the cake circle. When I'm done, I just use my spatula to separate the two. HTH.

Ditto.

I've tried double-sided tape but it's too strong. Almost flung my cake across the room trying to pop it off!

Mikel79 Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you!

I will try this. Do you think regular BC icing will be strong enough to keep it still?

sugarshack Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

hey, what I do is just hold the top of the cake down with one hand while I get a few good spatuals of icing onto the sides of the cake, down at the base. Once you get a little bit iced. that holds the cake in place while you ice the rest.

tonedna Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 8

Small cakes tend to move more thn bigger cakes. I usually do my cakes on top of another board and seal the side to the board with the buttercream so it doesnt move around. Then I finish icing the rest.

Once stack, usually a dowel goes through all the layers holding everything together.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:30pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone!

I placed a little dab of icing on the bottom of the board, worked fine!!

=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%