Favorite Chocolate Fondant For Hot, Dry Weather?

Decorating By lorieleann Updated 28 May 2010 , 5:46am by sweettreat101

lorieleann Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:46am
post #1 of 3

I am looking for rec's on your favorite chocolate fondant (recipe or premade) that won't get too dry during the AZ summer. I have been making my own MMF, but i'm not sure 1) how well that translates to a nice, dark chocolate, and 2) if it will be sturdy enough for August in AZ.

I am making a friend's wedding cake for early August and will be driving it from Tucson to Sedona (slightly cooler than Tucson, but it will still have to survive in an A/C car for roughly 4 hours). Because of this I thought that fondant over ganache would be the the most durable, and then stack it when i get to the site with SPS, first time with that as well. need to practice).

So what is the best for hot, dry conditions for chocolate fondant? I've seen reviews of Satin Ice as getting a bit dry....I have a sample order in for fondarific.

2 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:46am
post #2 of 3

I will be using chocolate Fondarific for a wedding cake on June 12th. The wedding will be outdoors so I will let you know how it turns out. Fondarific is not supposed to dry out like others and tastes wonderful. The only thing is it's lighter in color than Satin Ice so I will have to darken it somehow to resemble tree bark. I think you will really like the Fondarific flavors. The only one I didn't care for was the vanilla. Coffee was awesome.

sweettreat101 Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:46am
post #3 of 3

By the way I am in CA.

Quote by @%username% on %date%