My Corners Never Bake Up All The Way.

Baking By Sassy74 Updated 28 May 2010 , 4:16am by Sassy74

Sassy74 Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:03am
post #1 of 4

I am frustrated by this. When I bake a square, the corners never bake up level with the pan, no matter how much batter I use. I use a heating core on anything over 10", and I've experimented with the amount of batter I use. Even when I put in a lot of batter (bakes over the edge of the pan lol ) the corners are still a little shallow.

Anyway, I wonder if Bake Even strips would help with this? Or even the trick I've heard some of you use...wet towels wrapped around the pan? Any ideas on how to get these corners level?

3 replies
kathy164 Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:21am
post #2 of 4

Bake even strips would totally help this. I use them all the time cause I used to get corners like this.I would cut them off and lose those servings of cake. Then I tried the bake even strips and I wont bake another cake without them. I love them. My cakes bake up pretty well level every time. (except when I get excited and put too much batter in the pan) LOL. My family loves the cut off extra! Try them sometime and know you will love them.

indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:25am
post #3 of 4

I use baking strips on every cake ... 6" to 16". My corners always rise higher than the pan.

Sassy74 Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:16am
post #4 of 4

Thanks, y'all! Looks like I know what I'll be buying next...

Quote by @%username% on %date%