Aluminum Foil Mold. What Can I Use To Fill It?

Decorating By jessiq Updated 28 May 2010 , 7:28pm by jessiq

jessiq  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessiq Posted 27 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 4

I read about making your own mold by using aluminum foil over the object. I think they mean to fill it with cake and bake it to create the image. I want to do this with a very detailed sculpture but not use cake. What can I pour in it that will dry hard and allow for detailed painting of accents? I thought about just melting some wilton candies and pouring that in. I need help quickly. 1st off before you suggest it I can't carve it out or do a RKT covered with fondant. I tried both and I'm not talented enough for that. I have only been doing cakes for like 5 months and don't know all the "tricks". And whatever I do use needs to not be dark (chocolate), and how do paint it to look good. Please help.

3 replies
jessiq Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 4

So I was thinking of some how using royal icing in my mold. Will this work and dry all the way inside if it is a big object, 4 inches thick? Then I can detail it was coloring gel right?

tonedna  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

I am not sure how well with that work for anything other than cake. The wrinkles of the aluminum foil will transfer to anything else.
Edna

jessiq Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 4

Well tonight I'm going try everything I can think of. I will do cake as well since you suggest that. I hope it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%