White Cake Cupcakes

Baking By Skidoochic Updated 28 May 2010 , 10:55am by MariaK38

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I did 150 cupcakes last weekend and all stayed in their wrapper fine EXCEPT the white ones. The only thing I could think is because there is less fat (less oil, no yolks) maybe that is why they won't stick to the liner? Any other thoughts or better yet solutions? icon_smile.gif

6 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 7

I had this issue just the other day with mini cupcakes. my chocolate ones were fine, but half the white ones' liners were coming off.
I've been reading online about this for solutions, and the next time, I'm going to fill the liners a tiny bit more and take them out of the pan right after they come out of the oven. The site I was on said something about not letting steam build up, so that's why they suggested taking them right out of the pan and cooling them on racks. Also, I'm going to try baking them at 350 instead of 325.
Good luck with your cupcakes!

Skidoochic Posted 27 May 2010 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for sharing those tips! I will have to give them a try. I know I baked those at 325 so maybe that was part of the problem. For the white ones this time, I am thinking of using whole eggs instead of whites. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again!

MariaK38 Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:53am
post #4 of 7

no problem! I hope the tips help! It was really humid here the other day when I made my cupcakes, so I'm thinking that had something to do with it, too. I'll make sure my A/C is on next time, too!

Maria

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:15am
post #5 of 7

I always use the whole eggs with white cake mix....it really does help....moist but stay together... and just a shade off white....uuummmmm good too.

Skidoochic Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:45am
post #6 of 7

Cupcakes all baked, mostly still in their wrappers - very moist on top though, but had hubby sample one of each flavor (WASC and Strawberry) - he loved the WASC, wasn't too crazy about the strawberry, but I think it will taste better with frosting. Just loaded them all in the freezer. Thank you all for your tips. icon_smile.gif

MariaK38 Posted 28 May 2010 , 10:55am
post #7 of 7

woo hoo! your wrappers stayed on! happy dance! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%