Please Help Soon!

Baking By Megabot Updated 27 May 2010 , 9:38pm by JanH

Megabot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megabot Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making my cousins wedding cake next week and wanted to try the recipes out prior to the actual week to make sure they will work. She wants vanilla with strawberry filling and chocolate with chocolate mousse filling. I haven't done a mouse for a tiered cake and am a little worried about it holding up. I will bake/stack/frost on thursday, cover with fondant/decorate friday and deliver on sat. for a saturday evening wedding. Since the decorations are pretty simple I could probably decorate and deliver on Sat if needed.

Also I'm making a simple one tier grooms cake and need a good red velvet recipe, any good ones?? Please help!!

(I know this should probably in the recipes section, but i put it there and haven't gotten any responses yet...and i'm nervous!)

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 4

do you not have any recipes you normally use, at least for the cake?
scratch or mix?
vanilla cakes - id do victoria sponge or maderia. (mix - look up WASC)
strawberry filling - id do strawberry bc, add strawberry extract to your normal bc. or looks for sleeved fillings - many posts on them, they dont need refridgeration.
chocolate cake - variations on victoria or maderia sponge, or wasc.
mousse - not from me, needs refridgerated in the majority of recipes. maybe ganache, but to be honest, id stick with chocolate bc.

red velvet - ugh! cakemanravens (or something like that) is a popular one, and sarahs red velet (or soemthing again) are two very popular recipes on here, try searching int he recipe section, they should be near the top.

i would avoid decorating on saturday if you can, you need to give your self some breathing room just incase!
xx

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 4

duplicate?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabot

Also I'm making a simple one tier grooms cake and need a good red velvet recipe, any good ones?? Please help!!

(I know this should probably in the recipes section, but i put it there and haven't gotten any responses yet...and i'm nervous!)

Please see for responses:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-682096-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%