Strawberry Cake Question

Baking By Skidoochic Updated 27 May 2010 , 11:54pm by DianeLM

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 6

I found a recipe on here for a Strawberry cake from a mix, but it starts with a White cake mix. I have about 5 strawberry-flavored mixes at home I want to use up. What do you think about using a strawberry mix instead of the white? Would it be too strawberry flavored? The recipe calls for sour cream, and pureed strawberries to be added and I am thinking that may help the boxed strawberry mix. Also, I am making cupcakes with this- do you think adding pureed strawberries and sour cream that would make a difference?

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 6

Since the only other strawberry is the pureed strawberries, I think you'd be fine using the strawberry mix.

I've used mashed berries for cupcakes. And most of my recipes feature sour cream (ironically, not my strawberry!) and I make cupcakes with them all the time.

Skidoochic Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Diane! Just be sure I understand your response, you think it will be ok to use a strawberry mix, with sour cream and pureed strawberries? I just think that sounds so much better than the straight mix - which was a weak moment purchase! icon_wink.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 6

it will be fine. i always start with the strawberry mix and puree'd strawberries for the liquid in the cake. Very moist!

Skidoochic Posted 27 May 2010 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks DeeDelightful! ...off to the oven! icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 May 2010 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 6

Yep. You should be good to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%