Silver Cake Stand

Decorating By pattyi Updated 28 May 2010 , 6:37pm by marthajo1

pattyi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattyi Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking to buy a round (18" I think) silver cake stand and have been looking online at several different sites - does anyone out there have any suggestions on where to buy at the best price? Thanks!

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 4

Are you talking about a silver pedestal stand....or the silver plateau stands that are more like risers?

If it's the latter, I bought mine from Hisdesigns and I definitely recommend them for speed and quality. The stands are very strong, plated, non-tarnishing etc. When I rent mine for $20/event, it paid for itself within the first few months.

http://www.weddingcakestands.com/homeplateau.htm

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4

I would also suggest that you purchase the more ornate design for your silver based cake stand. When caters handle them and brides return them, they get bounced around. A very very smooth design with hardly any decoration on it at all will show all the nicks and dents of handling.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakewhiz

I would also suggest that you purchase the more ornate design for your silver based cake stand. When caters handle them and brides return them, they get bounced around. A very very smooth design with hardly any decoration on it at all will show all the nicks and dents of handling.

That is a good tip and definitely will factor into my consideration when I buy one! Thanks!

And thanks antonia for the link.... I bookmarked it....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%