Contract?

Decorating By dare2bloved Updated 28 May 2010 , 5:04am by dare2bloved

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 6

Just getting started and was curious as to where I would find a standard contract?

5 replies
jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 6

search contract in the templates and pattern gallery

CakesbyOma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyOma Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 6

I would also love to know. Found one using "search" but wondering if there are any others??

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 6

Generic contracts are "ok" .... but if you're taking steps to become a real business, I'd recommend getting an attorney to look yours over to make sure the clauses you've put in are enforceable in your state (i.e. some states prohibit a vendor keeping a "deposit" but it's ok to keep a "retainer"). Most contracts are a growing document .... everytime we get screwed over by a bride, we end up adding a new clause ..... and the phrasing could make or break a person if the person adding the clause isn't an attorney.

I had an existing contract but when I finally had an attorney look it over, he made a few changes (in my favor, I might add!).

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 6

link to a an extensive template that MUST be taken to an attorney for custom tailoring to your specific circumstances.

this is one put together as IndyDebi alluded to by just adding in time and again yet another "that's the last time a bride......." clauses

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887-contract.html

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:04am
post #6 of 6

Thank so much thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%